Overburning problem

vbimport

hi, I used the overburning test from CD Speed on a Fuji 48x 700mb disc and it told me that I can overburn it up to 86 minutes. Well I tried to overburn it up to 82 minutes (at 12x) and it burned sucessfully but when nero was verifying it, it failed. (the last part isnt readable).
Should I keep trying? perhaps at even a lower speed? because the test said that I can overburn up to 86 minutes but this thing didnt even work with 82 minues:confused:

same thing happened at 8x:( HELP :frowning: :frowning:

What’s the actual size of your file? From personal experience the overburn capacity of a 700MB CD is 714 +/- 2.

read my last post here
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69052

I didn’t do further testing than this. Also, if its urgent, do as I did and invest in 99min cd blanks.

the file is 720 mb
what puzzles me is that the overburning test shows that it allows about 760 mb of data with an overburn, and that also it doesn’t FAIL when it’s overburning this file. It just fails to verify, heh

720MB… no wonder. CD Speed’s overburn test = :Z Use search and find previous threads discussing its unreliability.

Originally posted by Stoner
720MB… no wonder. CD Speed’s overburn test = :Z Use search and find previous threads discussing its unreliability.
hehe ok that makes more sense. I thought nero wouldnt make a ":Z " software:bigsmile:

Their VCD/SVCD encoders are also :Z