Overburned using 24102B and it failed

vbimport

now, every disc i popped in and burned, it will give me an error message from nero,->burned failed…

pls advise.

thank you.

have u tried different software?

nope.
i only have Nero.

i really regretted overburning …

Do you mean that after overburning, you can’t burn any CDs at all (even ones that aren’t overburned)?

@ the end of the burn process, nero will say that the burn process has failed.

I have tried using alcohol just now. it works just fine…why does nero behaves this way ?

Does Nero do this only when you overburn, or does it do it for all burns?

Did Nero ever give these errors before you overburned?

Do you have Nero set to verify that the copying was accurate?

i shut down my pc for a while and when I burned using nero this time, no more such errors.

but then there’s something.

Under Nero Infotool, it used to report my drive having a read speed of 40X. now it’s reduced to 16X.

Try closing InfoTool, inserting a Pressed Data CD, and opening InfoTool again. I think that it will then show the proper read speed. :slight_smile:

Did you perhaps try to use different media? Maybe the media you use (what brand/type of discs are you using?) are bad… that’d really explain the problem.

I’ve had a similar problem some time ago, all discs failed at 97% (700mb file, writing in mode 1). After some testing I found out that I had a spindle of bad discs (Platinum). Please test if something similar is the case!

tks all for the help rendered.

i switch on the pc today and all is well…

the media i am using is unbranded, ie, it’s plain on the outside (gold color). What brands do you guys recommend that can be used with 24102B? I need to overburn a little

tks

There are dozens of good discs for your drive. Check our media forum on this topic!

Could perhaps read the ATIP of the discs you used (use a program like CDRIdentifier)? I’m anxious to see what discs you are using…

downloaded cdr indentifier 1.63

every information displayed says “unknown”

Media Manufacturer: GIGASTORAGE CORPORATION
Recording Layer: PhthaloCyannineMaterial

I got this information using alcohol.
funny isn’t it …

btw, any scandisk for CD-R besides nero’s scandisk?

tks:)

You can use KProbe. It only works with Lite-On drives AFAIK. You can read about it and DL it here: New Tool for Scanning C1C2/PIPO at CDRLabs. Use the link at the bottom of the second page of this thread to download.

Disc Type = NORMAL CD-RW
Manufacturer = Unknown Manufacturer

<< Disc Information >>
Erasable = True
Status of Last Session/Border = Empty Session/Border
Disc Status = Imcomplete Disc
Number of First Track/RZone on Disc = 1
Number of Sessions/Borders(LSB) = 2
First Track/RZone Number in Last Session/Border(LSB) = 2
Last Track/RZone Number in Last Session/Border(LSB) = 2
Disc Identification Valid(DID_V) = True
Disc Bar Code Valid(DBC_V) = False
Unrestricted Use Disc(DRU) = False
Disc Type = CD-ROM XA Disc
Disc Identification = 0004843Dh
Lead-in Start Time of Last Session = 01:44:02(01:2C:02h)
Last Possible Start Time for Startof Lead-out = 79:59:74(4F:3B:4Ah)
Disc Bar Code = 0000000000000000h
Number of OPC Table Entries = 1
OPC Table 1 :
Speed = 1760 KB/S
OPC Value = 5673855(0056937Fh)

<< Track Information >>
Number of Complete Sessions on Disc = 1
Session 1 :
A0 = 0:0:0
A1 = 0:0:0
A2 = 0:0:0
Track Number 1
Track Start 0:2:0
B0 = 2:44:2
Track Length 0:12:2
C0 = 70:0:158
C1 = 72:88:184

seems that the information is also the same as for nero.

my drive seems faulty. could i flash it back to some lower version of firmware, and then flashing it back to the latest ones?

pls advise
tks:)

i had written the same data again and I had checked the “verify data” option. Nero reports no errors from this but when I did a scandisk again, a bad sector showed up .

I scandisk the 2nd time this round and there were 0 errors. What could have caused this to happen ?

I have bought brand new cdrw drive cleaner but the cleaner does not come with the liquid lotion. I am intending to buy the liquid but is this liquid the same as the ones used on Diskette drives?

I have heard that cleaning the drive will cause the drive to be more problematic. Is this true?

Thanks once again :slight_smile:

Yes, you could flash to a lower version of the firmware, but I don’t think that this is the problem. You can find instructions (and firmware, too, I think) at OC-Freak’s Firmware collection and MTKFLASH guide.