Overburned failed LH-20A1S, now drive won't recognize ANY media disc

vbimport

Hello. I’m Keith, and this is my first post. :slight_smile:
I just got this DVD burner last week (it’s my first) and it’s been great up to today. I overbuned a Sony CD-R (713 MB of MP3s with Nero 7) got a message that the overburned failed. I deleted 15 MBs and tried again, it asked for a new blank CD, new CD went in, nothing! I did this 4 times (they are new CDs too) I tried Playing a store-bought DVD movie and the drive won’t recognize it. Audio CDs won’t go eighter.

Can someone please help me? I would appreciate the help.
Keith.

It’s fixed. I tried a CD this morning, and all seems back to normal. Weird.

With bad DVD+R DL media, my LH-20A1L crashes sometimes, too. Everything works again if I switch off my computer completely.

[QUOTE=jleinenbach;2092452]With [B]bad DVD+R DL media[/B], my LH-20A1L crashes sometimes, too. Everything works again if I switch off my computer completely.[/QUOTE]

What exact media do you refer to?

[QUOTE=chef;2092620]What exact media do you refer to?[/QUOTE]

These media are 1TEK DVD+R DL (“Xbox 360 proofed Quality Check”) RICOHJPN-D01-67

Although I think these are fake Ricoh media, other burners seem to burn them without problems since I could throw away > 90% of these media after burning (and verifying) them.

Now I use original Verbatim DVD+R DL MKM-003-00 without having any crashes at all and only <1 of ten burns fail after verifying them.

Good choice.