Outlook disables all attachtments... strange

Hey there,

I got a strange error eversince I installed the service packs for Windows XP. When I recieve an email I can’t open any attachtments. The attachtment just become grey, and I can’t open them anymore.

I am not infected with a virus of any kind.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

JunKX

Open outlook–>tools–>options–>security,and untick “do not allow attachements to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus”…:bigsmile: :wink:

lol

i had the same

that option sucks…:bigsmile:

If you have young users, or otherwise less-than-cautious users, on your system, it’s a good way to avoid trouble.

i know…it is good for when you hve children

but when i first saw i couldn’t save some attachments…i didn’t know where to look

Office 10 does not allow this to be changed and this is by default, MS determined that you have no business opening attachments, therefore you cannot change this option.

Thanks it works now!

Originally posted by roadworker
Open outlook–>tools–>options–>security,and untick “do not allow attachements to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus”…:bigsmile: :wink:

I cannot see this option. :confused:

I had this problem earlier but, i searched the net & did some registry hack & now i can save .exe attachments.

But, there is no such option, mentioned by you.:confused:

I think it’s only O.E. 6 that has it.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
I think it’s only O.E. 6 that has it.

May be. I am talking about Outlook XP.

This is a security option in Outlook XP.
Search the helpfiles there, you should be able to detach them anyway, but you would be giving up the security of Outlook in this respect…use at own risk

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
This is a security option in Outlook XP.
Search the helpfiles there, you should be able to detach them anyway, but you would be giving up the security of Outlook in this respect…use at own risk

Well I cannot find this option in Outlook XP. Also, I have hacked the registry & now I can save .EXE attachments without any problems.