Outlook 2007 not sending or receiving hotmail emails

vbimport

hi all,

within the last few weeks i noticed i wasn’t getting any Hotmail emails in my inbox through outlook 2007, i just though no-one was sending any to me, but after about 3 - 4 weeks , i decided to visit the Hotmail website and logged in there ,. then noticed i had tons of emails, so then i did a test to send myself an email from my other email account to my hotmail address , and it didn’t get through using outlook, so then i went to check on hotmail site and its there , so now i dont know whats going on, is outlook somehow blocking my hotmail account , how can i do more tests or find the answer. i hate going to hotmail site to check emails , outlook is far quicker and easier.

any help please, very annoying for me .

i am running windows 7 64bit, outlook 2007 .

thanks.

The following article suggests you may have to remove the Hotmail account from Outlook 2007 and then add it again after installing all Windows Updates.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2771893]The following article suggests you may have to remove the Hotmail account from Outlook 2007 and then add it again after installing all Windows Updates.

http://www.howto-outlook.com/news/outlookcom-is-moving-to-office-365-exchange-online.htm[/QUOTE]

tried that several times. my hotmail account just wont work through outlook 2007, i even tried signing up to a new account using *****@outlook.com and then adding that account and it just wont connect to there servers.

is there a repair function from the office 2007 cd i can run, if so will this delete my other main email accounts that i use on outlook 2007 ?

will doing this erase all my outlook preferences and settings?

thanks.

[QUOTE=ghosts;2772179]is there a repair function from the office 2007 cd i can run, if so will this delete my other main email accounts that i use on outlook 2007 ?

[/QUOTE] I don’t know the answer to those questions.

In Windows 7 you can go to Control panel/ uninstall a program
Highlight the program and click on Change
It will ask if you want to repair

[QUOTE=bean55;2772206]In Windows 7 you can go to Control panel/ uninstall a program
Highlight the program and click on Change
It will ask if you want to repair[/QUOTE]

been through all that, it just wont connect to microsoft exchange server it keeps saying.

its really peeing me off now.

i really like outlook 2007 , does anyone know if outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 versions looks similar to 2007?

i only use it for emails, i like to have on the left hand pain my inbox sent items etc… and then the rest of the window is where my messages are,

see screenshot,
does anyone know if i can set the newer versions like the screenshot.

is it free to download and use or do i need to buy it.

It’s been a while but I do believe 2007 and 2010 are pretty close to the same.
2003 to 2007 was the big change.

[QUOTE=ghosts;2772179]tried that several times. my hotmail account just wont work through outlook 2007, i even tried signing up to a new account using *****@outlook.com and then adding that account and it just wont connect to there servers.

is there a repair function from the office 2007 cd i can run, if so will this delete my other main email accounts that i use on outlook 2007 ?

thanks.[/QUOTE]

First of all… No, outlook 2010 did get the ribbonstrip instead of the menus if I am not mistaken.

Not sure if you start the setup from the Office 2007 CD will bring up the option to repair, but control panel should and the repair started from the CD is the same procedure, it may ask for the CD to be inserted during the repair though. All your email accounts should still be accessible and working after the repair. Anyway, it never hurts going to nirsoft.net, download Mail PassView and save the account information just in case :flower:

fwiw, if you open your ‘Program Files (x86)’ folder and drill down in your Microsoft Office folder, you will find a file called ScanPST.exe which can check your mail databases (.pst) for errors.

It may also be interesting when you set up outlook,com that you do so to a new file and rather import the mails from the old PST file afterwards.
You mention to DrageMester that you have tried ‘all that’, but please, at least read the following again thoroughly : http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/outlookcommigrationinfo.htm#uninstallconnector / http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/outlookcommigrationinfo.htm#outlook2007
Also pay attention to that POP is disabled by default and needs to be enabled in options on the site.

Hope it helps :flower:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2772313]First of all… No, outlook 2010 did get the ribbonstrip instead of the menus if I am not mistaken.

Not sure if you start the setup from the Office 2007 CD will bring up the option to repair, but control panel should and the repair started from the CD is the same procedure, it may ask for the CD to be inserted during the repair though. All your email accounts should still be accessible and working after the repair. Anyway, it never hurts going to nirsoft.net, download Mail PassView and save the account information just in case :flower:

fwiw, if you open your ‘Program Files (x86)’ folder and drill down in your Microsoft Office folder, you will find a file called ScanPST.exe which can check your mail databases (.pst) for errors.

It may also be interesting when you set up outlook,com that you do so to a new file and rather import the mails from the old PST file afterwards.
You mention to DrageMester that you have tried ‘all that’, but please, at least read the following again thoroughly : http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/outlookcommigrationinfo.htm#uninstallconnector / http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/outlookcommigrationinfo.htm#outlook2007
Also pay attention to that POP is disabled by default and needs to be enabled in options on the site.

Hope it helps :flower:[/QUOTE]

thanks , i will try all that, i will get back once checked .

First of all… No, outlook 2010 did get the ribbonstrip instead of the menus if I am not mistaken.

Xercus I do believe you are right

You are right I just keep mine closed and use the Quick Access Toolbar to do everything i need to do.Sometimes I forget that it’s there

While you check that out, here is a comparison to your Outlook 2007. This is Outlook 2016

nothing seems to be helping, keep going in circles.

tried reading both those links Xercus but di nothing.

here are 2 screens of pop up boxes i am getting , and no matter how many times i type in password there it just pops up again and asks to type in again.

i had outlook connector installed, i uninstalled that and no difference, i also did a repair off the cd, nothing helped, i repaired pst files , and still nothing.

i want to keep trying things to fix this.

could there be any duplicate files ost or pst or whatever that could be preventing it from creating a new account. if so what files should be in that folder .

to me it looks like its not connecting to the server.

but while i am waiting , does Outlook 2016 cost me anything to have, or is it a free download from microsoft ?

No, Outlook 2016 is not free, it is part of Microsoft Office (Do not know if it is sold separately).
They write that they did shut down the ability to connect through POP on Outlook.com.
Did you log on to Outlook.com through your web-browser, go to options and enable it?

[QUOTE=Xercus;2772394]No, Outlook 2016 is not free, it is part of Microsoft Office (Do not know if it is sold separately).
They write that they did shut down the ability to connect through POP on Outlook.com.
Did you log on to Outlook.com through your web-browser, go to options and enable it?[/QUOTE]

yes, but it didnt do anything to help, its weird because it was all working 5weeks ago .

i notice that in outlook 2007 , it did say sync issues , but i was still unable to send or recieve

say i want to unistall outlook 2007 and then reinatall it , is there special files i can save , that will save my :-
-preferences /custom settings
-emails,
-email addresses ?
-sent emails
-inbox emails

maybe reinstalling may fix it ,
from what i have told you, do you think this is an outlook 2007 problem or hotmail/outlook website settings not correct ?

Your Mail database file normally resides at C:\Users{Your Username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\

Exhange {Your Username} four the account name you use to log on to Windows.

You can copy the entire folder to a USB stick to have a backup of it, but it should not normally be deleted when uninstalling. Make sure you have your Office serial or if you only have outlook installed, your Outlook serial ready before reinstalling :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2772399]Your Mail database file normally resides at C:\Users{Your Username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\

Exhange {Your Username} four the account name you use to log on to Windows.[/QUOTE]

before i do a reinstall i thought i’d try 1 last thing ,

i just found this video on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJKAtF0hkjI

and i tried doing what it said and it worked, but i have some concerns about a few things , that i would like you to check if you know the answer to.

1 - the 1st thing is once i did it all, it made my hotmail emails appear in outlook 2007 in with my default ISP main emails list. normally the hot mail emails would be below on the left in its own separate listing. how do i fix this ?

i notice at 5:20 in the video he talks about [B]a new outlook data file[/B], or [B]existing date file[/B], would this be something to do with the question directly above ? if so i, didn’t have those 2 options for the data files when i was following his instruction.

2- if you look at the video from 5:55 he changes the incoming port to 995 and the outgoing port to 587 , i don’t know what these do, is this safe to keep these at these numbers, will my isp or microsoft have anything to complain about or will this interfere with anything else, ( i am unfamiliar with what these numbers can do).

3 - once did all this , closed outlook and restarted, a warning came up saying something about the certificate cannot be verified bla bla bla , cant remember the other things it said , but it was all about the validation of the certificate, then it ask to click yes or no to accept, so i hit yes, other wise it would not work.

if you could answer each problem separately so it doesn’t get to confusing for me , but i think we are very close to fixing this.

thanks.

Seemingly the most urgent challenge is a question of what datafile the mail is delivered too. This could be corrected by using Control Panel and starting the Mail applet.

I can do a visual or emphasize on each question tomorrow, but not tonight, I am about to find a well balanced horizontal for the remainder :wink:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2772549]Seemingly the most urgent challenge is a question of what datafile the mail is delivered too. This could be corrected by using Control Panel and starting the Mail applet.

I can do a visual or emphasize on each question tomorrow, but not tonight, I am about to find a well balanced horizontal for the remainder ;)[/QUOTE]

no problem , ill await your reply tomorrow