Outlook 2007 not closing properly

vbimport

when i open outlook 2007 and check my mail all is ok, but when i go to close outlook 50% of the time an icon in the system tray is there with a cross thru it and when i open task manager to terminate outlook there is also a file called OSE.EXE always there as well, the ose.exe is the problem i think as this is the .exe i have to terminate in order for outlook to close 100% . any thoughts on what is causing this ? its been happening for 6months+ now, ose.exe is the problem i believe. any fixes for this ?

WinXP Sp3

thanks .

[QUOTE=ghosts;2614172]when i open outlook 2007 and check my mail all is ok, but when i go to close outlook 50% of the time an icon in the system tray is there with a cross thru it and when i open task manager to terminate outlook there is also a file called OSE.EXE always there as well, the ose.exe is the problem i think as this is the .exe i have to terminate in order for outlook to close 100% . any thoughts on what is causing this ? its been happening for 6months+ now, ose.exe is the problem i believe. any fixes for this ?

WinXP Sp3

thanks .[/QUOTE]

So which package of office 2007 are you using for outlook and have you updated your office program lately? What other instances of office do you have running or memory resident program running?

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2614185]So which package of office 2007 are you using for outlook and have you updated your office program lately? What other instances of office do you have running or memory resident program running?[/QUOTE]

what do u mean what package office 2007 ?

my windows updates are all up to date as well.

the only thing i use is outlook 2007 for my email only.
i dont use word or excell or any of those other types of programs.

the ose.exe only comes up once outlook is opened. usually it goes away once i close outlook, but the past 6month + it stays there in task manager and seems to chew up cpu bigtime untill i terminate it, i think it started when i did an automatic update from windows.