Out of sync in demuxed files

I have a DVD which I am re-authoring.

The problem is that when demuxing the files, the audio ends up out of sync.

And it doesn’t seem to be a fixed delay, but an increasing one. Near the end is about 1.5 seconds.

I have tried different demuxers, to see if the problem was there, but they all delivered the same. The original DVD is fine.

What steps should I take?

What demuxers have you used and what form is the demuxed audio in, is AC3, WAV, etc ?

[QUOTE=ChickenMan;2229462]What demuxers have you used and what form is the demuxed audio in, is AC3, WAV, etc ?[/QUOTE]

I’ve tried a lot: PgcDemux, DVDDecypter, Smartripper, DVDLab Pro. They all came out of sync.

It happens in about 10% of the DVDs I am presently demuxing from my discs.

The demuxed audio is always AC3 in this case, as I want to preserve the 5.1.

In once case, if I am not wrong, I did demuxe with Procoder which does output wav 2-channel and it did come in sync, but I am not sure now if it was so. Perhaps I should try it too.

One thing I did think was playing the original disc on my DVD player and capturing it, which would probably work for the audio. But that would also get me a 2-channel wav file.

Okay, none of those are “proper” demuxers, suggest you try Vobedit, just load in first VOB file, select Demux and tick All Video & all audio.

[QUOTE=ChickenMan;2229581]Okay, none of those are “proper” demuxers, suggest you try Vobedit, just load in first VOB file, select Demux and tick All Video & all audio.[/QUOTE]

OK. This time I used VOBedit (thanks for the tip) on two different DVD files and on both the demux came out of sync.

Both cases are extended versions of those DVDs, so during the week I will try it on another one I have, which I already re-authored correcting the out of sync with Audioscale, and it worked fine.

But that drift was very small. In these others discs it seems to be larger.

So what are you using to re-author them with? Muxman (freeware) is excellent or TMPGENC Authoring Works(TAW) TAW also allows some editing as well and can also load VOB files in directly without initial demuxing. They have a fully functional trial version available.