Out of Memory message during Nero Recode

I have used Nero 7 Recode 2 for burning hundreds of movies with no problem. Recently, after the encoding and analysis stages (just before the burn is to start), I get a window popping up asking if Iwant to save the Nero log and an error message stating “Out of Memory.” The burn process never starts. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can correct it?

The movies have all been ripped with DVD Decrypter, and I can burn them with Nero 2 Burning ROM. But, because I don’t want some of the extras, I would prefer to use Nero Recode to get rid of them and then burn what is left on to a DVD5. But now I can’t do that.

I don’t need suggestions for using other burning software. I can do that. I want to fix whatever is causing this error message so that I can go back to using Nero Recode 2.

Thanks a lot.

You know, this has strangely been occuring for me as well after hundreds of burns on various drives. It all started about a week ago, and seems to be independent of the version of Nero being used. It also occurs when using DVDShrink to compress the ripped files, and even when simply buring the files to an ISO image!

It really is odd that the burn process never starts. It’s almost like it’s stuck in a loop filling the buffers and isn’t able to trigger the physical burn process. How this translates to Shrink and the ISO creation problem, I’m not sure, but if the application’s internal registers are simply stuck filling endlessly, it could explain it, since regardless of the amount of memory, 32-bit programs are stuck to using a max of 2GB of memory, be it phsical or virtual, and judging by the point at which compiling craps out, it seems to be around what I’d guess would be a 2GB size for the file being created.

It certainly can’t be RAM itself, I’m spoiled with 8GB’s (though that’s only available in my Vista 64-bit half of my dual boot PC). This occus in both my 32-bit and 64-bit OS’s.

Ah, never mind. Looks like it was a glitch in the ripping software with certain protections…

Hurricane Andrew, can you explain what you mean by the glitch in the ripping software? How did you solve your problem? I loaded Nero 7 onto my wifes machine and lo and behold, Nero Recode works perfectly. It is only on my machine that I have troubles. What could it be? I have 4GB RAM and 500GB hard drive space, so that can’t be the issue.

This is driving me nuts.

[QUOTE=Jackpine;1947775]Hurricane Andrew, can you explain what you mean by the glitch in the ripping software? How did you solve your problem? I loaded Nero 7 onto my wifes machine and lo and behold, Nero Recode works perfectly. It is only on my machine that I have troubles. What could it be? I have 4GB RAM and 500GB hard drive space, so that can’t be the issue.

This is driving me nuts.[/QUOTE]

Well, it seems that the 4.0.1.2 version of Shrink caused some problems for me. In general, going back to 4.0.1.0 seemed to solve it, though I’m still having some trouble with my 64-bit OS. In 32-bit, though, there have been no issues using either the older version of DVD Fab ecrypter or the newer 4.0.1.6 beta version.