Our World

vbimport

The link above is about those who love our world and those who abuse it. Worth a look. Please open the link.:):bigsmile:

If we are going to give both sides of the story then sometimes we get this:

True, but the other is also fact. We have no control over the angry world but over the other we can try… Cheers.

The universe is a dangerous place to living things. A virus can cause more destruction that any human. Put a person up against a hungry lion, shark etc. and they have little compassion for the person who is about to become their next meal. The world functions on the principle of survival of the fittest. IMO, humans have this ill conceived notion that we are somehow greatly removed from the same forces that drive other living things. Any species is driven to procreate even to the extent of bringing about their own demise. This is hard wired into our DNA.

Whether mankind can survive this urge remains to be seen. Trying to guilt, or scare, ourselves into doing so will probably never work. We will have to do a truthful self assessment and act in a manner that increases our odds of survival. The one and only thing we have that gives us a real advantage is our intelligence which, ironically, is also one of our major threats.

[QUOTE=UTR;2719619]The universe is a dangerous place to living things. A virus can cause more destruction that any human. Put a person up against a hungry lion, shark etc. and they have little compassion for the person who is about to become their next meal. The world functions on the principle of survival of the fittest. IMO, humans have this ill conceived notion that we are somehow greatly removed from the same forces that drive other living things. Any species is driven to procreate even to the extent of bringing about their own demise. This is hard wired into our DNA.

Whether mankind can survive this urge remains to be seen. Trying to guilt, or scare, ourselves into doing so will probably never work. We will have to do a truthful self assessment and act in a manner that increases our odds of survival. The one and only thing we have that gives us a real advantage is our intelligence which, ironically, is also one of our major threats.[/QUOTE]I suspect you could be right, but lions and sharks are in their own habitat so humans shouldn`t be silly enough to go into their territory to be attacked or to kill them.

[B][EDIT by Dee][/B]
Removed quote

Well, i think the article in my link was quite interesting to pass on for more awareness. Everyone is entitled to their view but i wasnt considering branching out so far as this post has gone. So, ill leave it at that now. Cheers.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2719624]Well, i think the article in my link was quite interesting to pass on for more awareness. Everyone is entitled to their view but i wasnt considering branching out so far as this post has gone. So, ill leave it at that now. Cheers.:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting it. I like the spirit of the video but it gets blindsided by reality. It also doesn’t help that environmentalists have used the shame/guilt strategy for far too long. They have made people immune to it for the most part by “crying wolf” too many times. Global warming, IMO, is in the process of blowing up in their faces and in the process will cause great damage to legitimate environmental causes.

Environmentalist are being manipulated by people who use them for financial and/or political gain. They need to be more independent and choose their causes more carefully and insure they are legitimate. They also need to call out the people they seek to manipulate them. They would get much more accomplished if they worked on improving their credibility by promoting causes that have true merit and have a reasonable plan to solve the problem,

I wasn’t intending to be combative in my responses. If you took it that way then I apologize.

To all, the original post is not intended to solve by going into politics or other. Sorry i started it. My original>>>The link above is about those who love our world and those who abuse it :rolleyes:

[B][EDIT by Dee][/B]
Removed quote

//youtu.be/GgGgkkGE7QU

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2719631][B]To all, the original post is not intended to solve by going into politics or other.[/B] Sorry i started it. My original>>>The link above is about those who love our world and those who abuse it :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]I agree.
Two political posts removed.
If you all want to make this political, then create a thread in the political forum with a link back to this thread.

I don’t quite understand the need for censorship. The original post was inherently political as the the linked video was steeped in politics. This thread had nowhere to go but in a political direction. IMO, this thread should have been relocated to the new Politics forum just after it was posted and I was surprised that it was not.

Edit:
The above is not meant as a complaint but as a comment.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2719632]
//youtu.be/GgGgkkGE7QU
[/QUOTE]

Good video for the most part. I would like to hear how he plans to stop a hurricane, tsunami, earthquake etc. Other than this he is spot on.

This is a political post since I just want to be ornery. Write my name in for President the next election I am for everything and against everything.

This is also a political statement:

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2719610]
The link above is about those who love our world and those who abuse it. [/QUOTE]
Paraphrasing a bit.
Those who abuse our world is a political anti-pollution comment.
"Those who love our world " sounds warm & fuzzy but points to the latter comment.

I guess I need to make a copy of all my posts made on the myce forum so I can reference what gets removed.
My guess is it was the part about population control.
I don’t remember pointing that at any specific political entity but the entire Earth.
Since I’m an omnivore with a leaning toward carnivore . I hope it wasn’t the hunting & killing references . Those activities one way or another are also done everywhere on Earth .

So I can’t imagine everything in my post was political.
However it was removed in it’s entirety.

The Earth is a beautiful & terrible place

That should be close to one thing I posted & I would say that sums up the slideshow in the first link.

These are two pictures with statements from the slideshow.
To me one is anti-pollution & one is anti-hunting . To me both would be political.

The point I want to make is a large percentage of the posts on any non-technical thread can be interpreted as “political”. If that is how the reader wants to see it. Usually the reader that sees something as political when it wasn’t necessarily meant to be political;has the opposite point of view.
If that is combined with the power to remove what they consider political. The removal is a political statement in & of itself.

No. A thread only becomes political when you start bringing politics into it.
I viewed the video, and my conclusion was it showed how we as humans are. Our shortcomings, and nothing to do with politics.

We have a political forum, and that’s where political comments belong, not here, end of story.

Your original post is not gone, cholla. Senior staff can recall exactly what was said at any time by the simple click of a button.

@deezalboy
I love your innocence! Do this old cynic a favor and stick to it.:flower:
I find the content of the slide a bit Disneyfied, but I know it’s well intended.

The linked slideshow is very cute but entirely naive. It portrays a world where all of nature is a bunch of cuddly animals and beautiful plants who just love each other and live in harmony, and it’s the bad evil humans that are responsible for all deaths and bad things in the world.

The world is not like that unless you’re four years old and watching a Disney movie.

[QUOTE=Dee;2719661]Your original post is not gone, cholla. Senior staff can recall exactly what was said at any time by the simple click of a button.[/QUOTE]
That doesn’t help me however.What I have to rely on is my memory.
I will do the best I can from that.

I still maintain that every statement in the post couldn’t have been political . So only what was political shoud have been removed or moved to its’ own thread in the political sub-forum.

I do remember that I didn’t single out any country.
Any political group in my own country ergo Republicans or Democrats or even rightwing or leftwing.
I didn’t include any ethnic or religious group in the post.

So was it the welfare using group ?
With the working taxpaying group being named as where the money comes from?
Rather than giving a faceless government the credit.
Maybe that bordered on political but stretching it IMO.
Words now need to be chose so carefully that a socio-ecomomic group can’t be referrenced.
So rich , wealthy , middle income will now be considered political statements & removed ?

I will leave the other group for another post in case that is it.

Cholla
The rules are clear, and I’m not going to spell them out every single time to you, or anyone else.
You’re not a stupid person, you know when your twisting words to meet your own agenda, you know when you’re pushing it, and right now my patience with you, is wearing very thin.

I’m not going to debate it with you.

I have to say this topic is “Political”, because being naïve does not excuse the use of emotionally charged images.

Condemn hunting, or slaughter of food animals (The Faroese Whale slaughter)
and you are being “political”.

Any claim to the contrary is also “Political”.

BTW, Panda’s are nearly extinct because NATURE wants them to be.
They LOOK “cute” and “cuddly” but they are creatures that live
on one food source EVOLUTION has decided that the Panda does
not deserve to live.