OUP settings

vbimport

is there a logical reason why default setting for allow OUP in IFOs is off, but allow in VOBs is ON ?

or have a screwed up my settings and am not seeing the real defaults.

I checked them today because I noticed that some copies would not fast forward through opening sequences & would not let me skip ahead to next title / chapter.

how should these 2 settings be, for maximum user control ?

It is better not to tinker with the PUOps in VOB files. If you remove them and your disk has angles, the angle icon can be displayed on your player.

Removing IFO PUOps is usually sufficient to fast forward over unwanted bits and generally give you freedom to do what you want.

Regards

[QUOTE=blutach;2004346]It is better not to tinker with the PUOps in VOB files. If you remove them and your disk has angles, the angle icon can be displayed on your player.

Removing IFO PUOps is usually sufficient to fast forward over unwanted bits and generally give you freedom to do what you want.

Regards[/QUOTE]

so are the program’s default settings the wrong way around for normal use , or have I lost track of what the original defaults were?

hi cybemole the default settings are, ticks next to each of following:

Remove UOPs (user operation prohibitions)
remove UOPs from ifo files
remove UOPs from vob files

thanks - and with those default settings you should always be able to fast forward and/or skip to next title or chapter , even where the original DVD would not let you - like on warning messages ?

I made some copies (DVD to DVD - customised) that won’t let me do that, but maybe I did not have all of the boxes ticked.

Typically, I still have to watch the short warning or initial title section for a minute or so before I can use navigation controls.

Yes, but for reasons stated earlier, I would still [B]untick [/B]the remove VOB PUOps (the only thing that may be affected is the ability to skip the last chapter, which is often set as prohibited in the VOBs - there are ways round this though - eg pressing the menu button).

Regards