Other websites stealing our information - Please read

An other notorious CD-R dedicated website is currently using the information provided on CD Freaks.com and this forum by OC-Freak without mentioning us as the source. I personally think this is very disrespectfull for all the work OC-Freak has done; finding out information, checking it, and providing it to all our visitors.

I would like to ask anyone who finds the information provided here on other websites to make a call on the webmasters to provide a link to OC-Freaks’ work. Afterall he is the one who all started this and he should be credited for his work.

Any help from you is appreciated ! We provide always our sources, and credit those who earn it, we feel very sorry that other webmasters don’t have the same respect.

Also note: Overclocking your drive may void the warranty and can, if not done right, harm your drive and make it useless. Note that we also try to help everyone and give information how to recover your drive, this is also an important point to mention, other sites don’t provide this information, because they probably don’t care, as long as you read their ads…

are there also friendly websides that are allowed to use our postings??

do not want to accuse the wrong ones

Also we post a lot of news gathered from other sites, but as you will notice, we also mention them as source (You can always find the source at the top of the newsposting, if not mentioned in the newsposting itself).

We expect websites that find however news on our site that does not come from other sources then just our site/forum to at least note that the information comes from us and links us. A good example of respectfull and kind information sharing is CDRlabs.com.

The site i’m mainly talking about now, is claming to have the first 48x pics and links directly to OC-Freaks firmware collection, something considerd by webmasters as very rude. To read it you also need to get rid of dozens of popups, while we provide it popup free…

HI,
I think “stealing” the information from here is ok when the “thiefs” donate a bit of money to support O’c Freak’s and CDFreak’s work.
Gräfdig Gloner

…or at least mention my nickname and that it was grabbed from this site…

Ooops, i came accross their review yesterday and even submitted the news to cdfreaks :eek:
And i was wondering why it was never posted !!

Kind of feel stupid now :o

I’ve shared this info on another site but quoted OC-Freak and had links going to this site.

If curious, here’s what I posted

That’s the right way, thanks for the link !

Does it really matter that the info is ‘stolen’ just the fact that the info is being used personally i’d be happy I had something worth stealing. its a fair cop :cop: at the end of the day, how many times have you done someting that someone else discovered?? lots i think you’ll find

With people knowing its good cos people are getting an option to upgrade without the $$$$'s . Which I am personally thankful and grateful to you.

Thanks for sharing the info and keep up the good work

:bow: :bow:

Some of you here may know me as a mod from another well know forum with the word “guide” in it. :bigsmile:

We don’t normally allow members to link to other forums for a variety of reasons, but always make an exception when a member can get great help on a problem at such a place. I often link to info from OC-Freak here and tell any members with LiteOn problems he is the guy and this is the place to come. :bow:

I hope & trust that this is still OK as I always give credit to OC and the Freaks site. And a simple message to anybody that does not:- “You are out of order!”

Yes, I know.

I am also a big fan of www.cdrom-guide.com but after becoming a moderator here the time is simply not enough to be active on both places (this forum gets a shitload of posts every day :o).

And here we have a dedicated Lite-On forum which is my main expert area…so I usually stick around here.

Great to see ya btw :wink: And nice to see that you credit my work here :bigsmile:

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]Yes, I know.

I am also a big fan of www.cdrom-guide.com but after becoming a moderator here the time is simply not enough to be active on both places (this forum gets a shitload of posts every day :o).

And here we have a dedicated Lite-On forum which is my main expert area…so I usually stick around here.

Great to see ya btw :wink: And nice to see that you credit my work here :bigsmile: [/B]

I will always credit your hard work in this field OC. :wink:

I guess I’ve got the same reason as you for me not visiting this forum as much as I would like. Oh well.

Keep up the great work OC. :smiley:

Nice of you to show up, Lazza :)… I know how you feel, keep up the good work and remember,
“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”

(sorry, couldn’t help myself…)

Originally posted by 83bj60
[B]Nice of you to show up, Lazza :)… I know how you feel, keep up the good work and remember,
“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”

(sorry, couldn’t help myself…) [/B]

Hey you even got the right colour m8! :bigsmile:

Did not know you were a Mod here now m8, congrats!!! :wink:

And if ever you or OC fancy helping out at another forum…

J/Kin (Better go before Admin ban me after I said that. LOL)

All the best guys.

I have translated the “guide” how to overclock a Lite-On 40125W to a 48125W and posted it on a Swedish overclocking site (www.sweclockers.com). But I linked to cdfreaks.com and gave you guys all the credit. I hope you don’t mind.

I posted some info on flashing a 32125W to an 48125W on the Tweakers forum, it is in Dutch and can be found here. Credits and references to CD Freaks and OC-Freak.

hy, I’m from France and I have made a thread about LiteON o/c
you can see my thread here it has been posted on a very popular forum, talking about Hardware in France called… Hardware.fr :bigsmile: . You can find the whole forum there and the associated website there .

I use a quote from OC-Freak and a few links to threads speaking about LiteON o/c, and I think that you will find there enough links and references to you and your “LiteON forum”

If there is any problem, please tell me and I will change my thread

Please keep going on with some new modifications on CDRW burners, good luck!

Sorry for my poor english :bigsmile:

CloneCD v.4.0.1.8 leaked !

Source: CDR-Zone.com
This is a test release ! Do not bug us, if it doesn´t start, crashes your PC, produces some coasters or the program does anything else, not mentioned on the feature list :stuck_out_tongue:
To install it, just download the file and overwrite the exe file in your CloneCD directory with this new one …

Download here.

FOund this on don’t post links to pages containing warez

That’s just one of the sites that doesn’t know how to behave polite. Besides that, the leaking CloneCD was already posted on our forum, but we did we post about it ? No, probably because it’s not stable, and has not been released for reasons.

OC freak…why did you edit my post??

You removed the name of the site who used our info. This thread is supposed to do that, isn’t it??

I did not point to any illegal stuff, but i pointed to the site as asked.