Other Solutions?

<DISCLAIMER/>
I’ve been lurking for a while, and I’ve learned a lot about my POS BTC 1108IM burner. I really hope I’m not asking a redundant question, but hopefully the answers you can provide will also help others.
</DISCLAIMER>

That said: MY burner always freezes right before it is about to burn (but after it analyses the disc image). Then it just freezes at 0%. I have to force the application (NOT Nero) to close, then reboot just to eject the disc, because the drive itself becomes physically non-responsive. The application I’m using and the media itself has worked before on dozens of successful burns, so I’m not sure what’s causing the error. I’ve made at least a dozen new frisbees, so I don’t think it’s just a bad disc or two. I have tried ALL the available versions of the firmware, so at this point, I’m wondering if there’s anything else I can do… <sigh> Percussive maintanence?

I hope you guys can help me. As it was once said: “You are my only hope.”

Clean the drive and try with OTHER brands.

Myself and a friend have had this identical problem. Have found no solution as yet.

Seem to have solved the problem. Go to http://www.drvupdate.com/ . Download the Live Up Date program and flash the firmware.