OTA Lollipop update for Nexus 7

vbimport

Just wondering if anyone has gotten the over the air update for Lollipop yet? I understand that it is available for download as a factory image, but I’m waiting for the regular update. And that could take a couple of weeks possibly.

The little bit I’ve read about it seems to say that it won’t help much on the older Nexus 7, but the 2013 version should be able to run it very well.

Wug’s Root Toolkit is already updated for this new system, so I’m set on getting root back.

I got impatient and downloaded a separate copy of the OTA update .zip file, which you have to manually push to the tablet to install… But since I have the Android SDK and associated tools installed, it wasn’t a problem.

I don’t know that I dig it as much as I thought I would, but it’s okay.

Well, I have tried looking over the other forums about it but most of them are ending up by telling that Soak Testing is in place ! I would say there’s just no one who can confirm that on this date the OTQ update of Nexus 7 will arrive.

Still waiting here but then I got mine very early the last time so I suppose that’s fair. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2741108]Still waiting here but then I got mine very early the last time so I suppose that’s fair. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I have my eyes over a post of Android Police Flash all the things Lollipop
Check it out ! :smiley:

[QUOTE=John Farrell;2741184]Well, I have my eyes over a post of Android Police Flash all the things Lollipop
Check it out ! :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I’d already seen these on the official Google page but I’m in no mad rush so I’m happy to wait in the meantime.

It’s a good option though for those that can’t wait.

I see there’s a bug discovered in the SMS functionality but this obviously wouldn’t affect me on a Nexus 7.

[B]Wombler[/B]

The update showed up for a couple of seconds today when I checked, then it disappeared as I tried to click on the download button! Tease.

:doh:

[QUOTE=Wombler;2741193]Thanks, I’d already seen these on the official Google page but I’m in no mad rush so I’m happy to wait in the meantime.

It’s a good option though for those that can’t wait.

I see there’s a bug discovered in the SMS functionality but this obviously wouldn’t affect me on a Nexus 7.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, that sure is a good idea ! As you could keep yourself away from the unseen bugs and all :a!

I just got the 5.0.2. Lollipop OTA update.

Wasn’t even aware that they were rolling this out yet so I must be one of the first to get it.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2745876]I just got the 5.0.2. Lollipop OTA update.

Wasn’t even aware that they were rolling this out yet so I must be one of the first to get it.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, that’s great let us know about any improvements over the 5.0.2 if you came across any ! I’ll be looking forward for your post…

[QUOTE=John Farrell;2745906]Well, that’s great let us know about any improvements over the 5.0.2 if you came across any ! I’ll be looking forward for your post…[/QUOTE]

TBH there’s nothing immediately obvious with this one and I understand it’s a bug fix release.

As far as I can see the main feature update is improved TRIM functionality so this should speed up your device.

For the record here’s Google’s not overly informative description that appears when the update has been downloaded.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2745876]I just got the 5.0.2. Lollipop OTA update.[/QUOTE]
I got this yesterday as well.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2745949]TBH there’s nothing immediately obvious with this one and I understand it’s a bug fix release.

As far as I can see the main feature update is improved TRIM functionality so this should speed up your device.

For the record here’s Google’s not overly informative description that appears when the update has been downloaded.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, that’s something great !! Anyway let us know when your discover more out of the Lollipop 5.0.2 ! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Stereodude;2745970]I got this yesterday as well.[/QUOTE]

That’s good to hear as normally there are only people saying they haven’t got it.

Nice to see I’m not the only one so far. :cool:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=John Farrell;2745980]Well, that’s something great !! Anyway let us know when your discover more out of the Lollipop 5.0.2 ! :)[/QUOTE]

I always keep an eye on this sort of stuff and report anything I find but usually others get there first.

I think the majority of stuff with this one is under the hood improvements as opposed to more obvious feature upgrades but I’ll keep looking.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2745993]I always keep an eye on this sort of stuff and report anything I find but usually others get there first.

I think the majority of stuff with this one is under the hood improvements as opposed to more obvious feature upgrades but I’ll keep looking.
[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

haa.haaa… :bigsmile: but this them it would be better to prove them wrong :disagree: go and dig something out that’s not known to any of … also be sure that you don’t check out web for unexplored features !! :iagree:

This last update hung up two times. I had to use Wug’s Toolkit to revert to stock, then update. Pain in the butt to keep this thing unlocked and rooted.

You really have to be a geek to use this thing in the manner I want, but it takes too much effort with these minor updates hitting and disrupting a nicely working system.

:a:a

I’m not impressed.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2746534]This last update hung up two times. I had to use Wug’s Toolkit to revert to stock, then update. Pain in the butt to keep this thing unlocked and rooted.

You really have to be a geek to use this thing in the manner I want, but it takes too much effort with these minor updates hitting and disrupting a nicely working system.

I’m not impressed.[/QUOTE]

TBH I thought about this at the start and looked at what was out there.

I came to the conclusion that I didn’t particularly need root access and having thought about the hassle you mention I decided not to bother rooting my Nexus 7.

My needs may be different to yours though.

[B]Wombler [/B]

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2746534]This last update hung up two times. I had to use Wug’s Toolkit to revert to stock, then update. Pain in the butt to keep this thing unlocked and rooted.

I’m not impressed.[/QUOTE]

…lol… :bigsmile: you must be crying :sad: anyway I am pretty much sure you would have fixed most of the things up and I am sure you will be happy with the update ! :iagree:

Got 5.0 and returned to 4.3.3. 5.0 works too slow.