OS X version selling good?

Just curious how well the OS X version of DVD2ONE is selling. I see alot of peoples comments on Versiontracker about buying it right away.

Great piece of software!!

I was also wondering this . . . hope you guys at least made up for your investment in Mac iron. I’m one of those who posted on VT about buying it immediately (and did). But I’ve also found a serial number floating around the net (I could give you - the developers - a link privately upon request, so you could disable it in a future version), but decided to purchase it anyways, since I find it very important to show my support for the great effort you guys put into porting to OS X. I hope that you guys feel it was worth it, even if it might be a little too soon to tell.

I was wondering that as well. Just thought that if it was a success, maybe other developers will notice and decide to port their software to OS X.

Rene, anything you wish to share?

Thanks again for some great piece of software.

Good idea to tell Rene about the floating serial number. This is one of those apps that is so worth having. The last thing we want is some moron posting a serial number on the net. Kinda strange I mentioned DVD2oneX at Maccentral and no mention of it from their site. Maybe MacAddict? Or are these guys afraid to review or mention software that can backup DVDs?

It’s going wonderfully well, i have no exact figures at hand.

But the descision of buying a G4 and actually investing a lot of time in making a mac vesion was a very very good one.

Yes i had several mails about the serials floating around, we blacklist them the same way we do with the windows counterpart.

Yes i had several mails about the serials floating around, we blacklist them the same way we do with the windows counterpart.

Good!

You people deserve all our support and I’m glad that I bought it, even with those SNs floating around the net.
After all I hope to see inprovements in a near future to this already great piece of software. I don’t what you guys to think something like “great all this trouble to make it work on a mac and nobody supports it. Let’s give up of the mac platform”.

Pepe :rolleyes:

Thanks for advertising the floating serials!!
How stupid can you all be…opening peoples eyes…:confused:
Just shut the f…k up.

Originally posted by athens2004
Just shut the f…k up.

I’ll take that as a joke, but in case it wasn’t, I find it important to get those serials disabled, so that more people are encouraged to buy a license, thereby making the decision to port to Mac a good one in the eyes of the developers. It’s by respect to the Mac platform that I would want to notify them of all the serials I can find (and I know all the places). This is one of those apps, made by a small developer, that I will not pirate, as opposed to something like photoshop or office . . . This is compounded by the fact that they went out of their way, buying a Mac and learning to program for OS X, to get this ported over, and did so in an incredibly timely manner, with a very high quality port. After all that, I want to do everything I can to make sure they are compensated for this effort.

Originally posted by ReneB
[B]It’s going wonderfully well, i have no exact figures at hand.

But the descision of buying a G4 and actually investing a lot of time in making a mac vesion was a very very good one.

Yes i had several mails about the serials floating around, we blacklist them the same way we do with the windows counterpart. [/B]

That’s great news. I’m very happy to see that it was worth it to you guys, and hope you keep us posted on your success (and problems) with your Mac port. The good part is that you guys get to use a G4 and OS X for your regular computing needs, which is always more fun/practical than the alternative, except for gaming of course. Congratulations on successfully porting your great utility to MacOS X!

A great piracy-stopper is online-serial-checking. Seen it other OS X apps and it seems to be the (almost) ultimate solution. This means only ONE person can register per license, as it should be.

When entering email/code, the app checks the information on a server to see it’s not a dupe.

Originally posted by evilevil
[B]A great piracy-stopper is online-serial-checking. Seen it other OS X apps and it seems to be the (almost) ultimate solution. This means only ONE person can register per license, as it should be.

When entering email/code, the app checks the information on a server to see it’s not a dupe. [/B]
Obviously, you’ve never heard of the concept of a crack. Check around, there’s a lot of software depending on online serial checking that’s still being widely distributed along with a crack. This is by no means a fail-safe method of piracy protection. A more effective method is for the developers to have a good relationship with their users, and to be able to rely on their users to report serials and cracks to them, so that they may be countered in future upgrades. If combined with either regular upgrades with added critical features, or simply self-expiring apps, this can make it impractical for people to pirate the app, and push more of them to purchase a license. This is especially relevant for a software such as this, which is not used in a legitimate business market, and whose users are made up mostly of dvd pirates (along with a minority of people only backing up DVDs that they own). In the Windows market, there will be less of a sense of community prompting users to help the developers reign in the piracy, due to availability of alternative software and confidence in the fact that a large user base will attract all the developers needed; however in the Mac market, people actually care about the success of the platform as a whole (including software developed for that platform), and are more inclined to support the developers by buying a license and reporting any exploits for their product registration. It is our hope that this will make up for the smaller size of the market as a whole, and help attract more developers and products.

Originally posted by athens2004
Just shut the f…k up.

And how stupid do you think we are?

Hello reality check!!!

We have a internet connection ourselves to and i also have access to spreadpoints etc.

Originally posted by WiseWeasel
Obviously, you’ve never heard of the concept of a crack. Check around, there’s a lot of software depending on online serial checking that’s still being widely distributed along with a crack. This is by no means a fail-safe method of piracy protection. A more effective method is for the developers to have a good relationship with their users, and to be able to rely on their users to report serials and cracks to them, so that they may be countered in future upgrades. If combined with either regular upgrades with added critical features, or simply self-expiring apps, this can make it impractical for people to pirate the app, and push more of them to purchase a license. This is especially relevant for a software such as this, which is not used in a legitimate business market, and whose users are made up mostly of dvd pirates (along with a minority of people only backing up DVDs that they own). In the Windows market, there will be less of a sense of community prompting users to help the developers reign in the piracy, due to availability of alternative software and confidence in the fact that a large user base will attract all the developers needed; however in the Mac market, people actually care about the success of the platform as a whole (including software developed for that platform), and are more inclined to support the developers by buying a license and reporting any exploits for their product registration. It is our hope that this will make up for the smaller size of the market as a whole, and help attract more developers and products.

What is a crack? Please tell me! 200% ironi You have obviously never seen a crack, it’s spelled krack, hackerlanguage you know. You can never protect yourself against kracks, but kracks are files that have to be put on servers, serials are just letters and numbers that easily can be posted in forums like these. See the difference?

Hey Rene!

For this great piece of software - we owe you buying it! I did!

All Mac Users are happy about this release!

=heiko=

Originally posted by evilevil
[B]

You have obviously never seen a crack, it’s spelled krack, hackerlanguage you know. You can never protect yourself against kracks, but kracks are files that have to be put on servers, serials are just letters and numbers that easily can be posted in forums like these. See the difference? [/B]

I’ve seen em around, and it can be spelled both ways. Regardless, they are defeated by updating the software in such a way that the crack is broken, and if done regularly, it raises the bar for crackability. The nice thing about them is that they’re pretty small, so people don’t mind hosting them, or emailing them around. If they’re reported (and forwarded) to the developers, they can be disabled in future updates. We’re getting off topic though, and I would just like some rough sales numbers, or some other measure of success that the developers feel comfortable releasing, along with how this compares to the Windows version (if it’s not too humiliating).

I have never in my life seen a crack called a krack.

/MLS

But I’ve seen a crackhead called a krackhead…:bigsmile: Seriously though,I’m glad i bought my copy of DVD2One. It’s worked great from the beginning, the support is excellent,and the price is right. How many products can you say this about??..

Originally posted by MLS
I have never in my life seen a crack called a krack.
Well, I have. Mostly on hotline and carracho servers…but they prolly weren’t 1337 like you