OS on HDD to CD

Is it possible to make a backup of my OS that is on my HDD to a CD? When I bought my laptop in 2006, the OS was pre-installed on it and I did not receive a CD back up copy. This is not a dire situation. However, I just think it would be good to have a back up “just in case”. Don’t ask me why I haven’t thought of this until now. . .

[QUOTE=ranvidtay;2599207]Is it possible to make a backup of my OS that is on my HDD to a CD? When I bought my laptop in 2006, the OS was pre-installed on it and I did not receive a CD back up copy. This is not a dire situation. However, I just think it would be good to have a back up “just in case”. Don’t ask me why I haven’t thought of this until now. . .[/QUOTE]

Hi ranvidtay

Welcome to the forum :flower:

In most cases where recovery disc’s are not provided the manufacturers installs a recovery partition that can be used in case you need to recover the operating system and any programs they installed at the factory.

… additionally, there is likely an application “create recovery discs” preinstalled. Very handy in case the HDD dies.

Michael