Original DVD+R DL copied - should bytes match exactly?

vbimport

Hello.

Recently I saved a dual layer DVD I purchased from my local CD shop to my hard drive so I could make a 100% exact copy of it without any quality loss.

I saved it to my hard drive using “DVDFab5”.
Then burned it off my hard drive onto a DVD+R DL using “ImgBurn” in build mode by selecting “write files / folders to disc”.

The original DVD on my hard drive is = 8,331,739, 136 bytes.
But the DVD+R DL copy I made is = 8,331, 720, 704 bytes.

So there is a very small 18,000 bytes difference, but does this difference indicate a copy/burn error ?, should the DVD+R DL copy be the exact same amount of bytes as the original DVD ?, or is this difference normal ?

well that seems about right as dual layer disks claim 8.5 gig but you get 7.3-8 ish same with 4.7 gb dvds you only get 4.5 writable

[quote=bomber2007;2140014]Hello.

Recently I saved a dual layer DVD I purchased from my local CD shop to my hard drive so I could make a 100% exact copy of it without any quality loss.

I saved it to my hard drive using “DVDFab5”.
Then burned it off my hard drive onto a DVD+R DL using “ImgBurn” in build mode by selecting “write files / folders to disc”.

The original DVD on my hard drive is = 8,331,739, 136 bytes.
But the DVD+R DL copy I made is = 8,331, 720, 704 bytes.

So there is a very small 18,000 bytes difference, but does this difference indicate a copy/burn error ?, should the DVD+R DL copy be the exact same amount of bytes as the original DVD ?, or is this difference normal ?[/quote]
Did you use DVDFab to burn the dvd with ImgBurn as the burn engine ?, or just used ImgBurn by itself ?
another Q…you talking about DVDFab Platinum, Gold or HD Decrypter ?

this difference could with the xml file that DVDFab creats…but not sure on that, if so it may be ImgBurn did not add it to the burned copy.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2140102]Did you use DVDFab to burn the dvd with ImgBurn as the burn engine ?, or just used ImgBurn by itself ?
another Q…you talking about DVDFab Platinum, Gold or HD Decrypter ?

this difference could with the xml file that DVDFab creats…but not sure on that, if so it may be ImgBurn did not add it to the burned copy.[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry, it was “DVDFab HD Decrypter” I used to save the original DL DVD to my hard drive.
I then closed DVDFab HD Decrypter, and opened ImgBurn in “build” mode and then selected “write files / folders” to disc.
(It was the very first time I ever used both programs ! - as they were recommended to me because saving to my hard drive with DVD Decrypter and burning with Nero, and also DVD Decrypter Iso Read / Iso Write) both gave me a copied DL DVD which would only repeat the menu when I pressed play in my DVD player !).