Original CD needed for Age of EMpires II

I just copied Age of Empires II. IT installs fine, but when i try to run it it says, “Please insert the correct CD” how can i get around this? Thanks

Go to www.gamecopyworld.com and download the patch for the nocd.

“Or use CloneCd, if compatible with your hardware; the game has a safedisc protection wich the program will get around…!”

I had this same problem. (if you’re using windows): go to windows explorer, then “Computer”, then right click your CD or DVD drive (with the age of empires logo), then click “Explore”. Now open up AoeSetup.exe - it will pull up a screen that lets you pick “Play”, “Uninstall”, etc. If you enter the game through this way, it won’t ask you to put in a CD when you try to play single player.

[QUOTE=physbeat;2563750]I had this same problem. (if you’re using windows): go to windows explorer, then “Computer”, then right click your CD or DVD drive (with the age of empires logo), then click “Explore”. Now open up AoeSetup.exe - it will pull up a screen that lets you pick “Play”, “Uninstall”, etc. If you enter the game through this way, it won’t ask you to put in a CD when you try to play single player.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that would work did you try that already? Also if you didn’t notice this is from '00 way past it’s prime…And the best for them is to show proof of purchase so they would be able to get a replacement from M$ for the no-working media. Also you should’ve asked the OP why play the copy for when they have the original?