Organizing mp3s before burning

vbimport

I use ashampoo dvd burning studio 8. I tried burning a mixed CD the other day which included entire folders and some random songs. My problem is that the songs are out of order on the CD.

My ID3 tags are all correct but here’s the way I format my physical titles “01 Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love.mp3”. I noticed that all the songs beginning with a physical name of 01 played together. So, I know it’s organizing the song by the physical title.

Is it standard for programs to use the physical name and not the ID3 tag to organize the songs? Is there another program I could use that would allow me to organize and burn via ID3 information?

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You can try ImgBurn. Select the Write mode, and then press the “Create CUE” button. In the window, select a folder where you have the mp3 files. Set the file names in the exact order you like using the navigation buttons to move the file order, and then press the OK button

ImgBurn will build a CUE file with all the songs in the exact order you selected in the list. Once the cue file is ready, again in Write mode open the CUE file, insert a blank CD in the burner, and start the burn.

This should work :slight_smile:

For an audio CD I know Nero can keep the songs in chosen order. If you’re making an MP3 CD, actually, your files [I]are [/I]all in order. Alpahabetical order. I use WinAmp and the ‘Playlist Unpacker’ plug in when I burn an MP3 CD. It adds ‘PL001, PL002, … PLxxx’ to the front of the filenames to keep them in playlist order.

In Nero, instead of dragging the files, right click “add files” and it stays in the order that you added them.

ImgBurn > Tools > Create CD Cue

or as geno888 said

I always add 001,002,003,004 and so on before I burn music tacks so the player will play them in the order I want.

thanks so much for the information.

[QUOTE=samlar;2143244]I always add 001,002,003,004 and so on before I burn music tacks so the player will play them in the order I want.[/QUOTE]

i like Tag&Rename
http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

never tried it will download and try i do not do songs much anymore

neither do i

only listen from computer :slight_smile:

I actually like tagscanner myself.