Organizing and taking care of those CDs

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on taking care of audio CDs to make them last longer. I’ve got an entire discography, which I want to burn on multiple CD-R for my car CD player. Around 18 CDs in slim cases.

They’re cheap crap CDs I admit, but I want to be able to keep them long enough before having to replace them.

[QUOTE=commodore_93;2574089]Just wondering if anyone has any tips on taking care of audio CDs to make them last longer. I’ve got an entire discography, which I want to burn on multiple CD-R for my car CD player. Around 18 CDs in slim cases.

They’re cheap crap CDs I admit, but I want to be able to keep them long enough before having to replace them.[/QUOTE]

Always use good quality media like Verbatim, keep them in the cases not in sleeves and don’t allow to sit in direct sunlight.

Touch cd’s as less as possible. Human sweat destroyed everything eventually.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2574107]Always use good quality media like Verbatim, keep them in the cases not in sleeves and don’t allow to sit in direct sunlight.[/QUOTE]

I’m in Saudi Arabia. All CDs sold here are Ritek and Mosen Baer junk. Though I’m considering getting quality CDs from abroad. Is Verbatim as good as Taiyo Yuden or TDK?

Also, is Burrrn just as good at burning CDs as Nero? I know the Nero package is very appealing, but in the end of the day I want a good quality burn.

I believe Burrrn is just as good as Nero is at burning disc.

As far as Verbatim disc go yes they are almost as good as the Taiyo Yuden disc

I think that the best solution to play music in a car stereo is using USB pendrives or an external player (like ipod or similar).

Some players can read also FLAC files, so you can store a lot of discs in a 2 GB flash memory card with the same quality of original CD :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;2574238]I think that the best solution to play music in a car stereo is using USB pendrives or an external player (like ipod or similar).

Some players can read also FLAC files, so you can store a lot of discs in a 2 GB flash memory card with the same quality of original CD :)[/QUOTE]

Nope, CD player doesn’t have an AUX / Ipod input + I don’t have an Ipod. Would rather tear out the factory unit and install an aftermarket one. However, that would really ruin the appearance of the cener console, + I would lose the steering wheel controls.

Hmmm… unless you guys could recommend a really good looking one to suit the interior of the car… and if I understand correctly, an aftermarket headunit offers better sound quality due to greater power output than the factory one

Here’s the inside of the car

oops, sorry I had no idea about this.

Most of recent car stereo has the USB port or an AUX input so I was assuming that pendrives could be a good alternative to CDs :slight_smile: