O'Reilly's thoughts on octuplets

Okay. I don’t agree with a lot of Bill O’Reilly’s thoughts – but still read his material – but I find this is something we have the same idea about:

The stunning announcement that a California woman had given birth to eight babies, octuplets, was greeted warmly in some circles. The birthing doctors were all smiles and the media was hyping the “human interest” part of the story. Eight babies! Wow!

But behind the high-fives lies a very troubling situation. This may be child abuse at the highest level.

Here are the facts: The mother, Nadya Suleman, is a 33-year-old single mom already raising six young children in the small home of her parents. Nadya is a health care worker who, according to her mother, became pregnant with all the children through in-vitro fertilization.

But six was not enough for Nadya, so last spring she allowed multiple embryos to be implanted in her womb and, subsequently, the octuplets were born on January 26th.

In Great Britain, Nadya and her doctor would be under arrest. There, the law permits only two embryo implants at a time. But in California, there are no rules at all. Fertility clinics and the doctors who make big money from them can do anything they want.

So, now, Nadya has eight new babies, all of whom weigh less than three pounds. The littlest is about a pound and a half. Doctors say there is a strong likelihood that some, if not all, of the babies will experience major health problems growing up.

When the babies finally leave the hospital in suburban Los Angeles, they will be taken to a three bedroom house in Whittier, California. Seventeen human beings will be living in that house. Eight babies will have to be fed, washed, and cared for around the clock almost simultaneously.

The rest of the article available here

What are your thoughts on this topic?

Only in America :frowning: :frowning:

[QUOTE=Zippity;2214752]Only in America :frowning: :([/QUOTE]

Let’s narrow that a little more. Only in California.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

What she did is probably morally wrong, but it wasnt against the law. I hope this is something they do regulate though.

[QUOTE=UTR;2214858]Let’s narrow that a little more. Only in California.[/QUOTE]

Elitist East Coast Snob…:smiley:

Hey now; maybe only in Southern Calif, not up here in the far north part of the state that wont happen up here.:stuck_out_tongue:

This is not the first time a person has had more babies than they should this way but I hope after this one someone will pass a new law preventing this.

One question ~ How is she going to afford their upbringing considering that she is responsible for 14 young lives?

[QUOTE=weedougie;2215043]One question ~ How is she going to afford their upbringing considering that she is responsible for 14 young lives?[/QUOTE]

She is just going to add to California’s gargantuan budget deficit. I read that just getting these babies through the first two months of hospital care will cost $500,000 and they will all likely require life long medical care do to complications they will have from gestating with seven other fetuses and being born premature.

RANDOMOUS/UTR
RANDOMOUS You know as well as I do the reason most of
these women have so many kids is for money. I like RANDOMOUS
live here in the SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA of CALIFORNIA. I have
known many women who have babies ,because the state rewards
them[or it seems], by giving them free social services money for
health care,free education,food etc… If your a man given the double
standard[WELL BAB’S BOXER WROTE THE LAW] your out of luck.
You see if there is a father in the picture you lose out on the
dough,and benefits. So I suspect[and I know it’s in southern CALIFORNIA]
thats the reason she did it.
ZAP.:sad::rolleyes:

I think the doctor that did this implant should be the one that pays the hospital bill & not the people of the state of California.
I bet a judicial decision to do that would stop the next doctor & fertility clinic from doin that again.
I might even stick the doctor with child support.
I not only agree this is child abuse.
Also look at the larger picture if all survive & are healthy .They will still need jobs add these to the other six & thats 14 jobs this one woman’s children will need.I think that is more than her share.
What if they get a better education than the average family’s children & take the jobs away from them?
I know this is what is going to happen for the 7 survivors of the other set that was born about 10 years ago.I think a university has already given them full scholarships.
Those parents weren’t even American citizens but came from Africa.
They got citizenship because their 8 children automatically became American citizens at birth.They only reason they were allowed over here is because the USA had the expertise for such a large birth number.
I think is cases like that even if people are allowed to come here for medical treatment the children should not be automatically given citizenship but returned to the originating country to be citizens of that country.& that country should be responsible for the medical bill.
I think the citizens of the USA paid all of that bill.
Enough of the rant but that’s my opinion.

[QUOTE=zap em;2215235]…You know as well as I do the reason most of
these women have so many kids is for money.[/QUOTE]And the proof for this is? [QUOTE=zap em;2215235]I like RANDOMOUS
live here in the SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA of CALIFORNIA.[/QUOTE]I have some friends living there still and they would be happy to fix your Caps Lock key…

[QUOTE=zap em;2215235] So I suspect[and I know it’s in southern CALIFORNIA]
thats the reason she did it.[/QUOTE]What’s the basis for your suspicion?

It seems like she simply wanted her time in the media spotlight.

The state of California will ultimately have to foot the bill for her childcare, medical bills, etc. etc. If not, then she’s going to likely end up on the street with 14 children…

Obviously she’s pretty well cashed up for a single mother … invitro fertilization for single parents isn’t covered by any health funds is it?

[QUOTE=debro;2215363]Obviously she’s pretty well cashed up for a single mother … invitro fertilization for single parents isn’t covered by any health funds is it?[/QUOTE]

I think she is running a tab on that too.

I wonder how she paid her bill to the fertility clinic… Or did she?

Frankly I think this woman is either mentally ill

or actively perpetuating welfare fraud

and quite possibly BOTH.

AD

Do what some states do limit the welfare to two children only after that the amount goes down. I for one would like the tax system changed so you only get credit for two children only, And all welfare should be for only two children. After two if the mother cannot take care of the child then take it from her.
I had a daughter move here from Calif. after she got pregnant and she learned fast that unlike Calif. the state of Arkansas does not give you that much money just food stamps.
She did get help with school without having to pay it back which I also thought was wrong. My other daughter who did not get pregnant had to pay for her school or get loans. Never understood why we give peel grants to the poor but the middle class kids have to get loans that they have to pay back. Most of those who get grants do not even finish school while those who have loans do.

I think she’s mentally ill. The Doctor and Clinic should be held responsible and be forced to pay and loose their license. It is part of a medical providers job to evaluate the mental condition of their patients, no matter what field of medicine, they train for this. This obviously did not happen or they got it really wrong and should be sued for malpractice by the state, and the patient. The children should be protected, whatever that may entail.

If your born on American soil your an American. There is a certain political advantage to this, countries dealing with people with human rights issues always are aware that they may be violating the rights of an American and can be legally held accountable. It’s never the child’s fault for being born, or for where they are born.

protected yes but that does not mean that the woman should be allowed to get money for having them. I for one would tell her you had them and the state will not help you raise them but if you cannot take care of them the state will take them from you.