Optorite/cyberdrive in a Cendyne mask

First off, I’m new to the forum and I would like to commend you on the site, great job.

My question is I just bought a new 48x16x48 burner lastnight. Says Cendyne on the box, but from what I have read in here, it is actually, I can’t tell which, an Optorite or an Cyberdrive, it doesn’t have the curvey front face plate. I bought it at Office Max (59.99-30$ mir). Is this a quality drive? I have heard either way. Is it true a could have gotten my hands on a Lite-On? If I was to take it back, would they be willing to swap it for one of the Lite-Ons’ without much fuss? I have actually heard of Lite-On, unlike the others.

P.S. I haven’t had a chance to istall it yet, and it has the drive model # CW 4802 on the back.

P.S.S. I’m kinda in a hurry, my wife gets home from work at 2, and where going back to the store then, unless I hear otherwise.

Again, kuddos on the site, everyone seems to be so helpful.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I would return it and buy a Liteon. You can get it from the web. try www.newegg.com

How good does it have to be for $30?

Only the best for my machine. :wink:

I know this drive is LiteOn’s

http://www.cdrlabs.com/reviews/index.php?reviewid=149&page=Features

Originally posted by Wiseguy
[B]I know this drive is LiteOn’s

http://www.cdrlabs.com/reviews/index.php?reviewid=149&page=Features [/B]
no it is not Cendyne is a reboxer/rebadger
drive model # CW 4802 on the back.
that is an OptoRite …just like a Cendyne 4816P is a reboxed Acer/Benq

Originally posted by ScrapSilicon
no it is not Cendyne is a reboxer/rebadger that is an OptoRite …just like a Cendyne 4816P is a reboxed Acer/Benq

The 48x 16x 48x is a OptoRite!
The 48x 12x 48x is a LiteOn!
Read the article.

It doesn’t matter what an article says. The Cendynes have model numbers on the box that identify the drive inside. If it’s a liteOn, it will have a liteOn model number on the box. Cendyne recently changed the way they package, adding the model numbers, and they also changed the drives they are using since that article was written.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
It doesn’t matter what an article says. The Cendynes have model numbers on the box that identify the drive inside. If it’s a liteOn, it will have a liteOn model number on the box. Cendyne recently changed the way they package, adding the model numbers, and they also changed the drives they are using since that article was written.
exactly…
Originally posted by Wiseguy[b]The 48x 16x 48x is a OptoRite!
The 48x 12x 48x is a LiteOn!
Read the article.

[/b]
I’m actually holding the listed 48x12x48 Cendyned boxed Acer/Benq 4816P( actual 48x16x48) as rdgrimes said…read the actual Cendyne label…and a further fyi on certain PacificDigital 48x12x48 reboxes…the enclosed model CDR-5W48 is a Liteon (looking at 2 of those…) the model mentioned by xboxjunky (CW-4802 ) is the Optorite 48x16x48