Optodisc released BD-R media

vbimport

First BD-R media made by Optodisc finally appeared on Asian market:
http://dvd-r.jpn.org/test2/qcheckform.cgi?mode=main&name=ZERO_BDR4x
I am quite surprised to be honest.

More BD media is good, and let’s hope that this will benefit the user (lower price).

That’s very nice to hear :slight_smile:
Hopefully they won’t stop any soon.

[QUOTE=vroom;2189887]More BD media is good, and let’s hope that this will benefit the user (lower price).[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Info Source Multi Media released its BD-R media recently and Ritek & CMC Magnetics are increasing their manufacturing capacities.
I wonder when Daxon’s BD-Rs will be finally available and if Umedisc (or some of the other “cheap” Chinese/HK manufacturers) will start a BD-R production in the foresight future.

[QUOTE=Womi;2189888]That’s very nice to hear :slight_smile:
Hopefully they won’t stop any soon.[/QUOTE]
That’s what I am afraid of. :frowning: They are still in a very bad financial condition.

[QUOTE=pepst;2189897]…and if Umedisc (or some of the other “cheap” Chinese/HK manufacturers) will start a BD-R production in the foresight future[/QUOTE]

I bet UmeDisc will start manufacturing in 2009

ISSM actually released it ?? Any hard evidence on that ? And no paper releases and stuff do not count. Because that stuff has been there for months incase of ISSM BD-R’s.

I wonder when Daxon’s BD-Rs will be finally available and if Umedisc (or some of the other “cheap” Chinese/HK manufacturers) will start a BD-R production in the foresight future.

Daxon has been available for some months allready !

No suprise on Optodisc working nicely. It’s phase change like material and Optodisc was allways good in that stuff.
Infact if optodisc plays this out wisely and the blu ray market would get off the ground then this could mean them getting back in the black numbers.

By the way Optodisc also has 6x BD-R’s ready at this moment, which we should be seeing on the market in a few more weeks if things go like planned.

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2194098]ISSM actually released it ?? Any hard evidence on that ? And no paper releases and stuff do not count. Because that stuff has been there for months incase of ISSM BD-R’s.[/QUOTE]

http://www.info-source.com.hk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=53
I have no direct evidences, but ISSM have BD-R line installed already for at least 6 months and they are starting to get quite a wide fw support too. Since they have a rather limited manufacturing capacity (1 line = about 12-20 thousands pcs daily) it is perhaps not too strange that their media have not appeared in Europa or Japan yet. But that is just my speculation though.

Daxon has been available for some months allready !

What MID code do they use?

No suprise on Optodisc working nicely. It’s phase change like material and Optodisc was allways good in that stuff.
Infact if optodisc plays this out wisely and the blu ray market would get off the ground then this could mean them getting back in the black numbers.

By the way Optodisc also has 6x BD-R’s ready at this moment, which we should be seeing on the market in a few more weeks if things go like planned.

Are they going to release some LTH media too? Rise of LTH BDR media could be the last nail in Optodisc’s coffin.

On ISSM that info has been there for 6 months. Firmware support so far seems to be based on Engineering samples still.
ISSM does have there codes and stuff registred. However current information suggests that they are still not able to put real ammounts on the (chinese) market.

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2194126]On ISSM that info has been there for 6 months. Firmware support so far seems to be based on Engineering samples still.
ISSM does have there codes and stuff registred. [B]However current information suggests that they are still not able to put real ammounts on the (chinese) market.[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for info. Do you know whether either Prodisc, Lead Data or Princo will release BD-R/RE media this year?

About Daxon they seem to be about the same position as ISSM.
There seems to be some media floating arround as Engineering samples as well as a handfull of disc’s that are the hands of some other people in taiwan, but no real ammounts as far as I know.
DVD Identifiers new update should be able to recognize them. Actually they could allready be there with the current version. Don’t know what’s exactly in it and what’s not. And I don’t know the code out of my head but it’s something as Daxon-R2X. Also the code is registred so you could try the blu ray disc license office.
ALso testresults of Daxon media were at one point there on a site related to infomedia. I think I sended you the link earlier on that one.

DAXON, ISSM, Optodisc (6x as well) + much more blu ray disc’s and some DVD+RW-DL media.

Princo earlier suggest that they were not interested in to manufacturing Blu RAY media because Philips was involved. However there are some rumours floating arround that Princo might want to come back on that original decision.

Prodisc doesn’t have the money to jump in at this moment.

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2194144]Prodisc doesn’t have the money to jump in at this moment.[/QUOTE]

[offtopic]I thought Prodisc was dead (or at least had abandoned the optical media market)[/offtopic]

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2194144]DAXON, ISSM, Optodisc (6x as well) + much more blu ray disc’s and some DVD+RW-DL media.
[/QUOTE]

Were any DVDRW DL media actually released to the market? JVC & MKM have made some samples but AFAIK no RW DL media were never commercially available.

[QUOTE=SeanW;2194310][offtopic]I thought Prodisc was dead (or at least had abandoned the optical media market)[/offtopic][/QUOTE]

No, they are not dead yet and they are even still producing media (with quite poor quality, according to negritude).