Optodisc 16x

OK as many know this is the lineup for Imation 16x DVD’s as far as spacers, I forget who gets credit for this but it’s not me :wink:

White or Light Grey Foam Spacer + Made In Taiwan = CMC MAG AM3 (-R) and CMC MAG M01 (+R)

Black or Dark Grey Foam Spacer + Made In Taiwan = OPTODISC R016 (-R) and OPTODISC R16 (+R)

Any Foam Spacer + Made in India = MBI 01RG40 (-R) and MBI PG101R05 (+R)

Any Foam Spacer + Made in Malaysia = DAXON 016S (-R) and DAXON AZ3 (+R)

I have found a Imation DVD-R 15x 100 pack that has what looks like a clear bubble foam spacer (waiting for confirmation on Made in Country) but would this go under “white spacer”?

Ehh Imation doesn’t package there indian made MCC004, MCC003 in spindles ??
So does anyone know how to differentiate the jewelboxes then from MBI PG101R05 ?

Also there is also imation MBI 03RG40 which does come in spindles any ideas on that one :)?

But it would be me. :flower:

Anyway, white and clear bubble spacers are the same in the description. The main point is that the Optodisc packs are easily distinguishable from the CMC packs, by the fact that the spacer for the Optodiscs is much darker.

And I’m in North America (region 1), so this may not apply in Europe and other parts of the world.

Thanks negritude :wink:

OK now I will stay away from the clear spacer, was pretty sure it wasn’t good lol

I think I found some 100 packs with dark spacer though…

Hmmm very interesting. I’ll have to look out for the dark spacers so I can pick up some optodisc. I’ve never used it before.

Thanks for the info.

MIT + Dark Spacer + DVD+R

You need all three. The -R Optodisc doesn’t necessarily burn that well. Only the +R is valuable and on par with TY or Verbatim. I’ve always made that clear in my posts, but this is what happens when people cut and paste without knowing. :doh:

Well, I’m willing to try both + and -, I would also not be silly enough to think MII would be an optodisc. When you say only the +R is on par with TY, do you mean by scans? Because cdrinfo’s professional scans show both are fairly good media, providing you burn @ appropriate speeds.

I’ve only tried on disc of OPTODISC -R media with that “dude”! of Samsung Pleomax , it was nothing special quality scan wise and I am a +R guy myself

New Optodisc 16x DVD+R (not sure about -R) packaging.

Found on eBay HERE

The seller states MIT:

“Taiwan, No color spacer just a thick piece of plastic that holds them together from the top and bottom that you can see on the picture.”

Has anyone gotten any of these yet? If they would be Optodisc, wow $12 shipped is a steal.

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2144958]New Optodisc 16x DVD+R (not sure about -R) packaging…Has anyone gotten any of these yet? If they would be Optodisc, wow $12 shipped is a steal.[/QUOTE]

What made you think these could possibly be Optodisc? They aren’t producing branded media anymore.

I already mentioned this auction in the chatbox, and the consensus was that they were either CMC or Ritek.

I agree I worded it wrong using Optodisc.

I have never seen this style cake pack before, i realize they don’t make them any more so this wouldn’t be a from outside the US old cake pack and is for sure not Optodisc?

I suppose chances are no it’s not so sorry for not thinking before typing :wink:

[QUOTE=negritude;2145041]What made you think these could possibly be Optodisc? They aren’t producing branded media anymore.

I already mentioned this auction in the chatbox, and the consensus was that they were either CMC or Ritek.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2145126]I have never seen this style cake pack before, i realize they don’t make them any more so this wouldn’t be a from outside the US old cake pack and is for sure not Optodisc?[/QUOTE]

I see a similar kind of cake pack all the time, and I’m sure you’ve seen it, we just haven’t seen it with Imation media before.

The person doing the selling is in the U.S., and I doubt they’ve gone to the trouble to import rare media and sell it so cheap. They’d be losing money.

Once again, this looks more like a Ritek cake pack, so I’m guessing RICOHJPN R03.

RICOHJPN R03 like the Radio Shack brand :wink:

That’s where i have seen the spindle before

[QUOTE=negritude;2145565]I see a similar kind of cake pack all the time, and I’m sure you’ve seen it, we just haven’t seen it with Imation media before.

The person doing the selling is in the U.S., and I doubt they’ve gone to the trouble to import rare media and sell it so cheap. They’d be losing money.

Once again, this looks more like a Ritek cake pack, so I’m guessing RICOHJPN R03.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2145585]RICOHJPN R03 like the Radio Shack brand :wink:

That’s where i have seen the spindle before[/QUOTE]

Exactly. That kind of cake packaging with no foam spacer is very common with certain kinds of cheaper media.

These might even be made or packaged in Mexico, like the Radio Shack house brand.

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2144958]New Optodisc 16x DVD+R (not sure about -R) packaging. Found on eBay…Has anyone gotten any of these yet? If they would be Optodisc, wow $12 shipped is a steal.[/QUOTE]

Those are confirmed RITEK F16. I asked a couple of people who already bought them.

Some of the packs could be RICOHJPN R03, since they’re obviously being made by Ritek now, and may fluctuate between MIDs just like Office Depot brand media does, but that would only have meaning if you see them in-store.

[quote=negritude;1868290]But it would be me. :flower:

Anyway, white and clear bubble spacers are the same in the description. The main point is that the Optodisc packs are easily distinguishable from the CMC packs, by the fact that the spacer for the Optodiscs is much darker.

And I’m in North America (region 1), so this may not apply in Europe and other parts of the world.[/quote]

So since Imation isn’t making them anymore (that’s what I thought I read a few posts down), the only place to most likely get them is online? If so, have you ordered any online and from what place would you recommend? I went nuts trying to find these at the local Target, but they never had the dark spacers, so what they had was obviously CMC. :frowning:

your best bet it to find some on eBay, I have not seen any locally for quite some time but have found a few on eBay.

I have gotten them from shop4tech a few times, they came in sealed 25 packs but they are shinny top but no branded ones :frowning:

https://www.shop4tech.com/item3302.html

Look for a coupon code and you should get 10-15% off.

[QUOTE=Quema34;2146539]So since Imation isn’t making them anymore (that’s what I thought I read a few posts down), the only place to most likely get them is online? If so, have you ordered any online and from what place would you recommend? I went nuts trying to find these at the local Target, but they never had the dark spacers, so what they had was obviously CMC. :([/QUOTE]

just picked up a 50 pack @ office depot for $10
code is RITEK-F16-01
SAME AS FUJI & TDK

[quote=MegaDETH;2146588]your best bet it to find some on eBay, I have not seen any locally for quite some time but have found a few on eBay.

I have gotten them from shop4tech a few times, they came in sealed 25 packs but they are shinny top but no branded ones :frowning:

https://www.shop4tech.com/item3302.html

Look for a coupon code and you should get 10-15% off.[/quote]

uff…no coupon that I could find, so for that price, I’d feel better scoring some TY from Rima and be sure it’s ok. :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Quema34;2146653]…no coupon that I could find…[/QUOTE]

Coupons for Shop4Tech come around periodically. The best coupon is usually 17% off anything they sell. You have to wait for it. Someone will usually post about it in the Bargain Basement Forum. If you need media right now, then buy something else. Besides, this thread is about Optodisc media. If you’re not interested in that specifically, then you might as well move on.