Optodisc 16x DVD+R - 100-pack - Bulk - $28.05 AC - Free Shipping - Shop4Tech

Use coupon code SC15 until 3/31/08 to get 15% off. Shipping is free.

http://www.shop4tech.com/item3302.html

The math is best with the 100-pack. Buying less is too expensive, and buying more doesn’t save you much extra. A price of $0.28 per disk is acceptable, and as Minael has shown us, OPTODISC R16 can burn better than TY or MCC. I personally have only used Imation branded 16x +R and OfficeMax branded 8x +R Optodisc, but I’m sure the quality of these bulk disks shouldn’t be that significantly different. For those who have never experienced the wonders of Optodisc, now is your chance.

Thanks negritude!
check it out! Optodisc 16x -R
http://club.cdfreaks.com/2027291-post394.html

Yes, the DVD-Rs are available too:

http://www.shop4tech.com/item2819.html

…although my experience is that the +Rs tend to burn a bit better and more consistently.

The price for the -Rs would be $26.35 after coupon.

On a side note, for the longest time, Fry’s Electronics in the United States has been hording an old stash of Kodak brand 16x DVD-R media in 100-packs, and almost all of it is OPTODISC R016. The Optodisc packs all have a dark grey foam spacer on the top of the spindle, and are Made in Taiwan. Newer Kodak media is all Made in China.

Unfortunately, the media is a tad overpriced at $34.99, but if you’re local to a Fry’s, and love Optodisc media, you can still find it there.

From my experience , both OPTODISCR16/R016 are excellent , with -R R016 has lower jitter .
Speaking of course about Samsung Pleomax which I think is the best brand for OPTODISC
100 discs here cost about 33$ (10x10 disc spindles) and they are always MIT , but recently I found some crap Samsung Pleomax that are MIC and has UME MID :Z

MIT = Light Grey bottom and white foam spacer

MIC = Dark Grey bottom and dark grey foam spacer

The code is good for anything they sell!

I don’t know guys, you really have me guessing now, I can get Sony Yudens at Staples for 21.00 per 100 ( with a coupon) . Are these better, I would never burn at 16X anyway.:doh:

I only use / never bought anything else other than TY02’s -R … until today. I just bought these Optodisc 16x DVD+R just to get a feel of the dark side. :eek: I set my burner for my TY’s at 8x … will try / push to 12x on these and see how they turn out. Hope my DVD portable likes +R’s … use it a lot when I’m on the road. TY’s never fail me.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2027695]I don’t know guys, you really have me guessing now, I can get Sony Yudens at Staples for 21.00 per 100 ( with a coupon) . Are these better, I would never burn at 16X anyway.:doh:[/QUOTE]
I still prefer T02 but these are nice@12x! with Sammy 203B and other drives @16x also these burn real nice in the DW1640@ 12x (I think):bigsmile:
here are a few +R burns with 2 different drives,8,12 and 16x:)
Note their 8x media is mediocre only buy the 16x

I get those same great burns with my SamsungSH203B with Yuden T02, even at 20X ( MCSE speedpatch) and I have had my doubts about just how reliable those scans really are. For some unknown reason I just get the feeling ( and I have no other reason to believe that they are not reliable) that something is not being picked up with the Samsung Firmware. I would love to see scans like that on another drive though and not an LG either. A drive that scans on its own without having to use another drive to make a scan. They may be accurate but I just have this bad feeling when I look at them LOL.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2027695]I would never burn at 16X anyway.:doh:[/QUOTE]

I used to feel the same way. However, given the short life of burners in DVD standalone recorders, now whenever I want to make a second copy of a movie I recorded from satellite instead of making that second copy on my DVD recorder I make a copy on my computer (with a DH-20A4P burner). I get better burns with the copies than my DVD recorder can make and it is nice to have that 16x speed.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2027725]I get those same great burns with my SamsungSH203B with Yuden T02, even at 20X ( MCSE speedpatch) and I have had my doubts about just how reliable those scans really are. For some unknown reason I just get the feeling ( and I have no other reason to believe that they are not reliable) that something is not being picked up with the Samsung Firmware. I would love to see scans like that on another drive though and not an LG either. A drive that scans on its own without having to use another drive to make a scan. They may be accurate but I just have this bad feeling when I look at them LOL.[/QUOTE]

Yea, they are kinda scary:bigsmile: because I forgot the TRT’s, what drive would you like LOL, funny boy. I can hook up a few more if you do not see anything you like.j/k

I have read on numerous occasions about Optodisc’s low PIE/PIF rates.

However, I’ve always been hesitant to try them since there’s almost no information here about their longevity.

So, does anyone have any older scans (i.e. a year or two old) of Optodisc media?

The BenQ would do just fine james.:slight_smile:

You know I am just joking folks
Already done alan
12x wopc-on
1st burn with this MID
using a external enclosure so I had to go to LO for 16x TRT

[QUOTE=eatpills;2027830]I have read on numerous occasions about Optodisc’s low PIE/PIF rates.

However, I’ve always been hesitant to try them since there’s almost no information here about their longevity.

So, does anyone have any older scans (i.e. a year or two old) of Optodisc media?[/QUOTE]

Here is a 15 months old one :

Read more here : My Best Scan Ever ! thread

Note that : 98% score with LiteOn scan is very hard to achieve :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=minaelromany;2027978]Here is a 15 months old one :

Read more here : My Best Scan Ever ! thread

Note that : 98% score with LiteOn scan is very hard to achieve :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Still perfect:clap:
thanks minaelromany

Thanks for the tip, I bought some.

Yep just ordered 100 of the OPTODISCR16 +R inkjet printable discs and 200 cases
and 200 inserts and saved $19.95 with the coupon. Yippee :clap: :clap:

jamescooleys scans sold me. They must be on par with Yudens, I dont get scan like that with many T-02s.:clap: