Options in CloneCD?

i don’t get any
what am i doing wrong ?
i load it up, click copy cd
it asks source ? and then burner, what type (game, music etc…)
and that’s it
no options like thie week sector people are talking about
can someone help me ?
thanks

To find these options, you need to right click on the game profile, or for that matter, any profile you wish to edit the settings of.

From there you’ll have the option to edit or view the settings of any profile avalible.

Hope that answers your question. :slight_smile:

also i might add… it is best to read the image to hard drive first, then burn it back onto a cd-r!!! :slight_smile:

cause copying cd drive to cd drive aint a good idea… mainly if the game u are copying has safe disk v2 on it as it will read really slow for about the first 3-5 percent of the cd, and since your burner constantly keeps going it “might” fail.

good luck!!! im just trying to help you

cause copying cd drive to cd drive aint a good idea… mainly if the game u are copying has safe disk v2 on it as it will read really slow for about the first 3-5 percent of the cd,

I beg to differ !

I have been burning on-the-fly at Max speed for quite some times ever since the early ccd Version 3.X was introduced when the buffers were adjusted and the Multi Burner use was introduced to Clone.

None of which has ever taken me a little over three minutes with out the loss of accuracy or data .CAB Corruptions or CRC errors.

With an Optimised Clone 4.2.X and the New Burners and a proper high speed certified Blanks the total operation has even taken me about 3 minutes even on a Safe Disk 2.8 Disk i.e. FIFA 2003 and NFSHP2.

is there a “ideal” set of options, or do they need to be different depending on the protection >?
if this has already been posted, then i’m sorry, please re-direct me to a previous post

Originally posted by Desperado84
is there a “ideal” set of options, or do they need to be different depending on the protection >?
The default Profiles would normally be sufficient. The custom Profiles were created to gain a speed advantage or to fix some problems when the default Profiles were used (eg. when the LiteOn recorder encountered Warcraft 3 and Neverwinter Nights). I’d say that if you were unsure of which Profile to use you should try the default ones first. I believe Olli is working a ‘prefect’ Profile so you can use one Profile for every game (and protection) but it will take some time before it will be implemented.

EDiT more info on the sheep/perfect Profile:

[i]Olli: The idea behind the “Sheepy Emulation Profile” is that copies of ANY protection made with this profile run from ANY drive as long as at least a CloneCD Demo version is installed and Hide CDR is enabled.

What happens is, that emulation information is stored on the CD, and Hide CDR can recover the original contents and behaviour “on the fly”. This is already done for LaserLock2, SD2, SecuROM, SecuROM (medium)new and ProtectCD. Others to follow.[/i]