Options for Canon 610 ink

Well it’s time to order some ink for my Canon 610. What are my options?
Good sites?

http://www.swiftink.com/PIXMA-MP610-s/1547.htm

http://www.inksell.com/capmmp610.html

I’ve ordered from both these sites but not specifically Pixma series ink. I’ve had good experiences with them both and good results with the ink I’ve received for my i560.

http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/inkjet-cartridge-canon-PIXMA-MP610.asp

I’ve never ordered from the above site but may give them a shot sometime. It’s a pretty info packed site also.

Also the major advantage for the 610 is fewer ink tanks?

I didn’t know how to delete this extra post I made by accident.

Another question I have how will I know if the ink cartridges are original or remanufactured?

I plan on buying the cartridges from one of those sites.

For the heck of it I went to look at Bestbuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7520319&st=canon+ink&type=product&id=1127210799366

My printer uses 2 Black ink cartridges what would I do if I bought them here? Theres only 1 Black in the package.

Also why does my printer use 2 black cartridges?

[QUOTE=arce;2205604]Also the major advantage for the 610 is fewer ink tanks?[/QUOTE]

I think you want to say more ink tanks, and bigger tanks too. That means fewer trips to the store to buy original Canon (or compatible) inks.

[QUOTE=arce;2205605]Also why does my printer use 2 black cartridges?[/QUOTE]

The one is dye ink (the thinner tank) while the other is pigment ink. The dye ink is used in combination with the other color dye inks for photo printing while the pigment ink is used primarily for text prints. The black dye ink (as well as the other color inks) may also be used for text though when in duplex printing mode.

arce,
What is your location ?

I’m located in NY.

Also with the ink I assume I would be sacrificing color quality with inks from those sites?

I can’t believe the difference in price in those 3 sites.

Lookup CLI-8 at Supermediastore.com… Its 21.90 for the full set.

6-Pack Canon CLI-8 Compatible Inkjet Combo for Canon Pixma iP6600D/ MP950/ Pixus iP4100 Printers (One each: CLI-8BK/ CLI-8C/ CLI-8M/ CLI-8Y/ CLI-8PC/ CLI-8PM w/o Chip) (Free Ground Shipping)
IN-001-0561 MPN:CLI-8BKCLI-8CCLI-8MCLI-8YCLI-8PC
CLI-8PM
This high quality Canon CLI-8BK CLI-8C CLI-8M CLI-8
Buy now: $14.90

At supermedia. What does it mean that it has no chip? It just won’t show ink status? Will the printer still use them?

This the one? My printer takes 5 Cartridges. This is one has 6. Why?

6-Pack Canon CLI-8 Compatible Inkjet Cartridge Combo for Canon Pixma iP6600D/ MP970/ MP950 Printers (One each: CLI-8BK/ CLI-8C/ CLI-8M/ CLI-8Y/ CLI-8PC/ CLI-8M with Chip) (Free Ground Shipping)
IN-001-1521 MPN:CLI-8BKCLI-8CCLI-8MCLI-8YCLI-8PC
CLI-8PM
Canon CLI-8 Compatible Inkjet Cartridges are designed to work precisely with Canon PIXMA iP6600D/ iP6700D/ MP950/ MP960/ MP9…
Buy now: $24.99

[QUOTE=arce;2208003]6-Pack Canon CLI-8 Compatible Inkjet Combo for Canon Pixma iP6600D/ MP950/ Pixus iP4100 Printers (One each: CLI-8BK/ CLI-8C/ CLI-8M/ CLI-8Y/ CLI-8PC/ CLI-8PM w/o Chip) (Free Ground Shipping)
IN-001-0561 MPN:CLI-8BKCLI-8CCLI-8MCLI-8YCLI-8PC
CLI-8PM
This high quality Canon CLI-8BK CLI-8C CLI-8M CLI-8
Buy now: $14.90

At supermedia. What does it mean that it has no chip? It just won’t show ink status? Will the printer still use them?

This the one? My printer takes 5 Cartridges. This is one has 6. Why?

6-Pack Canon CLI-8 Compatible Inkjet Cartridge Combo for Canon Pixma iP6600D/ MP970/ MP950 Printers (One each: CLI-8BK/ CLI-8C/ CLI-8M/ CLI-8Y/ CLI-8PC/ CLI-8M with Chip) (Free Ground Shipping)
IN-001-1521 MPN:CLI-8BKCLI-8CCLI-8MCLI-8YCLI-8PC
CLI-8PM
Canon CLI-8 Compatible Inkjet Cartridges are designed to work precisely with Canon PIXMA iP6600D/ iP6700D/ MP950/ MP960/ MP9…
Buy now: $24.99[/QUOTE]

Without chip: there is a chip on each cartridge…thats what Canon uses to accept it :). They sell without the chip because chip resetters are available to buy and also you can buy JUST the chip some places online.

4, 5, 6 cartridges… well I just bought this printer (like 10 minutes ago) so I thought it was 4 (I just bought the 4 pack for 19.99) I guess the 5th is the PIGMENT Ink I need…

Look here: http://www.supermediastore.com/canon-pixma-mp610-printer-inkjet-cartridge.html This is the link of all Mp610 Ink they have.

The 6 pack has the following: Black (CLI-8BK), Cyan (CLI-8C), Magenta (CLI-8M), Yellow (CLI-8Y), Photo Cyan (CLI-8PC), Photo Magenta (CLI-8PM) one each It adds two PHOTO Inks… I am not sure what these are if someone could clarify.

Looks like me and you both just pruchased one of these… ou say it holds 5… I bought the 4 pack (which is also what Canon sells) and supermedia sells a 6 pack with these “Photo Inks”…

we need to get to the bottom of this ink Tom Foolery

[QUOTE=arce;2207941]
Also with the ink I assume I would be sacrificing color quality with inks from those sites?[/QUOTE]
You could be sacrificing much more than that (damaged printhead) if you get tangled up with cheap foreign inks.
I stay away from “OA100” brand and I’m sure that there are others.

Atlantic Inkjet supplies refills, refill kits and bulk ink to consumers and pro refillers.
Their (AI) refills are TrueStar brand which have be reported to be reliable.
Check Costco or Databazaar (free shipping - no minimum) for genuine Canon inks…I have not tried Databazaar’s “compatibles”.

I guess I should stick with the Original ink? It was about 90$ at Staples for all the ink. I could buy a new printer for that much.

Should I assume these are chipped?

Shoot them an e-mail and see what they say. I’ve noticed most sites say if they are chipped or unchipped and I don’t see it anywhere on there. Don’t forget you’ll still need to order the pigment black (PGI5BK) to go with that set.

I e-mailed SwiftInk about the cartridges I linked to and was told that the CLI tanks are dye and the PGI is pigment like they are supposed to be.

Just something else you might want to ask Databazaar.

[QUOTE=arce;2208457]I guess I should stick with the Original ink? It was about 90$ at Staples for all the ink. I could buy a new printer for that much.

Yeah, I would think so at that price point, but I would ask DB to verify. Also ask what the brand is.
Seems that good, refilled, Canon CLI-8 with reset chips sell for around 1/2 the price of OEM. Chipless sell for about 1/4 the price of OEM.

These are supposed to be TrueStar, but I would ask just to be sure :
http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/inkjet-cartridge-canon-PIXMA-MP610.asp

Ok I called Databazaar, they are chipped.

[QUOTE=arce;2208457]I guess I should stick with the Original ink? It was about 90$ at Staples for all the ink. I could buy a new printer for that much.

Don’t be a fool and pay that much. The inks from Supermediastore are G&G’s. I tried them out myself and have used them before in other printers. The quality is exactly the same and the canon cartridges I had in and I got just as many prints.

From this Article http://www.pcworld.com/article/111767/cheap_ink_probed.html

“In general, third-party inks for the Canon and Epson printers produced about as many color pages as the printer manufacturer’s inks (see our chart of detailed test results for print yield), though there were some variances.”

[QUOTE=jflan;2208078]You could be sacrificing much more than that (damaged printhead) if you get tangled up with cheap foreign inks.
I stay away from “OA100” brand and I’m sure that there are others.

Atlantic Inkjet supplies refills, refill kits and bulk ink to consumers and pro refillers.
Their (AI) refills are TrueStar brand which have be reported to be reliable.
Check Costco or Databazaar (free shipping - no minimum) for genuine Canon inks…I have not tried Databazaar’s “compatibles”.[/QUOTE]

I understand what yo uare saying Jflan…but I think you are exaggerating a little… Genuine inks are nothing but a waste of money… a way for printer companies to make an extra buck… you need read into the issue a little more… I agree some aftermarket inks are crap…but buying genuine is like hiding under your desk during a nuclear attack…

[QUOTE=deptacon;2220758]I understand what yo uare saying Jflan…but I think you are exaggerating a little… Genuine inks are nothing but a waste of money… a way for printer companies to make an extra buck… you need read into the issue a little more… I agree some aftermarket inks are crap…but buying genuine is like hiding under your desk during a nuclear attack…[/QUOTE]
You are [B]completely[/B] misunderstanding my point.
I am not advocating using OEM inks and I actually don’t really need to “read up on anything” :bigsmile:

I am a refiller which is one step beyond using non-OEM cartridges and I was simply warning the OP about some of the crap aftermarket ink out there.

So in summary, I do not advocate using OEM inks but I do advocate using quality aftermarket inks.

Capiche ?

[QUOTE=jflan;2220941]You are [B]completely[/B] misunderstanding my point.
I am not advocating using OEM inks and I actually don’t really need to “read up on anything” :bigsmile:

I am a refiller which is one step beyond using non-OEM cartridges and I was simply warning the OP about some of the crap aftermarket ink out there.

So in summary, I do not advocate using OEM inks but I do advocate using quality aftermarket inks.

Capiche ?[/QUOTE]

Ok :iagree:

I was just worried someone would get the wrong idea…and spend 60-80 bucks at staples for ink in a box that says “Cannon” hahahahaha

and for the record…I am using a full set of G&G ink from Supermediastore and I have printed 150 disc labels in full color… plus 9 4x6 pictures…all on high quality…and my ink meters all read half full…

not bad for 21.00 bucks for a complete set of ink! oh and the quality is excellent

Good to here that the G&G carts are performing well :slight_smile:

Save your empties [B]including[/B] the orange stoppers.
Rubber band the stoppers back on.
Tape over the vent above the foam.
Then seal in a zip-lock baggie.

You can sell these on eBay or someday you may choose to refill yourself.