Options and Settings Help

I wanted to help DVDFab to burn better copies, what are some setting/option changes that are reccomended? I know to turn down burn speed and I believe while browsing the forums I saw mention of setting SAO writing to on instead of packet but I’m not sure. Just wondered what some of the pros would reccomend.

[QUOTE=sdp81;2157773]I wanted to help DVDFab to burn better copies, what are some setting/option changes that are reccomended? I know to turn down burn speed and I believe while browsing the forums I saw mention of setting SAO writing to on instead of packet but I’m not sure. Just wondered what some of the pros would reccomend.[/QUOTE]

Hi sdp81 and welcome,

The two most common causes for poor burns are crappy/marginal blank quality media and inappropriate burn speeds…often too fast, but nowadays with modern burners and high speed media, too slow can be an issue as well.

Recommend Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media for starters. Verbs are much easier to get a hold of…the usual brick & mortar stores carry 'em.
TY’s are available on online and so are the verbs.

If you’re using -R media, I’d stick with SAO…it’ll reduce the predisposition for errors with VSO. If you’re using +R, either should work, but most of us use SAO since there’s no downside to using it.

Do not use recommended burn speed…I think this probably is still the default setting. Select a specific speed
A good rule of thumb is to select a speed 1/2 the max rating of the media…this assumes a fairly modern burner however.

No doubt, there’s more advice to impart, but I’m pretty brain dead right now…:doh:…and to be honest, pretty lazy.
If you could post a few burn logs, we can take a look and offer more specific advice.

The default location is:
[B]C:\Documents and Settings[I]Administrator Name[/I]\My Documents\DVDFab\Log[/B]