Optimum CD-R media in a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-820S

vbimport

I just bought a 50 CD spindle of Optimum 48X 700MB 80min CD-Rs and they are giving me errors when I try to burn on them with Nero using a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-820S drive. I have only had one burn successfully. Has anybody else had this problem? Is there an info site that has a compatibility list for this drive?

I don’t know if my experiences on my Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-840S drive are relevant for you, but the following two CD-R media work very well for me:

Verbatim DataLifePlus Crystal + Super AZO CD-R 52x 700MB (MCC type 3)

Fujifilm CD-R 48x 700MB (Ritek type 7)

Both media write at max speed (24x) with low C1 errors and no C2 errors and perfect Read Transfer tests.

What is the manufacturer of those “Optimum” CD-Rs?
CD-DVD Speed Disc Info

here we go. Cool application.

Manufacturer : CMC Magnetics
Code : 97m26s66f
Disc Type : CD-R
Usage : General
Recording Layer : Dye Type 6: Short Strategy (Phthalocyanine)
Recording Speed : n/a
Capacity : 79:59.71
703 MB
Additional Capacity : n/a
Overburn Capacity : not tested

I also had a bunch of Memorex Black CD-Rs and they work with out a problem in the burner. Here is the info on these CD-Rs.

Manufacturer : Prodisc
Code : 97m32s19f
Disc Type : CD-R
Usage : General
Recording Layer : Dye Type 9: Short Strategy (Phthalocyanine)
Recording Speed : n/a
Capacity : 79:59.72
703 MB
Additional Capacity : n/a
Overburn Capacity : not tested

Could the Dye Type used be the problem?

Sony 48x CD-R work fine in my UJ-840S.

In Spain, 3 Traxdata 80 CD-R error in Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-840S.
1 Commodore 700 mb CD-R, OK.
2 Platinum DVD-RW 4,7 gb, OK.
Laptop Toshiba M50-137, 1 day use.

:iagree: I recently bought 2 fifty packs of Optimum CD-Rs and found errors recorded on apporximately 300MBs of each end of each disk. Optimum messed-up big time on this one. When applying the photosensitive organic dye on the surface of each disk the coating was applied unevenly (I guess). I am going to call the Optimum company and tell them what’s up. Just don’t think it’s your CD-ROM malfunctioning. It’s not. I bought a pack of HP disks and everthing recorded just fine. Well I have to go I have a CD-ROM burner I need to return!