OPTIMUM 48X Max -quality?

For everybody that has used OPTIMUM 48X Max brand CDR’s how are they. Staples has them at $2.00 for a 100 spindle after rebates.

The odds are good that they will be made by different companies, depending on what batch you happen to get. For $2, what do you have to lose?

these are khypermedia discs. I doubt they will use anything other than CMC.

actually, someone posted the atip info on another board, and it was indeed cmc.

A friend bought a 50 pack of 32X Optimum (9.99 at Big Lots) and they were generic CMC - no label.

If they are Kypermedia (im tempted to call them Krappermedia) the quality will be about as good as thier regular CD-R.

I bought a 50 pack of the Optimum 48x at staples ($0.94 after rebates, $11 before)

This was burned at 52x on a LiteON 48246S with the 52x 6S07 firmware.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Phthalocyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 26s 66f
Norminal Capacity = 702.82MB (79m 59s 71f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = CMC,Imation
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 52X

Humm… almost pefect. Anyone tried the same CD-Rs with a Lite On 48x12x48x?

The problem with CMC is thier nagging inconsistency. The 40-48x speed CD-Rs I have bought (AT&T and TDK) wont burn at thier rated speeds and they have given me a lot of headaches in the past. To the me the best CMC’s are Imations, the worst ones have been Philips.

TY made CD-Rs are so inexpensive with rebates on Fuji, Memorex and TDK I have totally stopped buying any CMC made media no matter how cheap (after rebate) it is.

Be careful with imation. I had some CMC made imation 4x CD-RWs, they started to crack in the center ring of the CD.