Optical mouse trouble

Hi

Got my new Logitech cordless desktop with a optical mouse today. The thing is that the cursor “hangs” when it has been resting for a clouple of seconds without moving. If I continously keep it in motion its no problem...also if I roll the wheel before moving the mouse the problem doesnt occour…looks like the red light in the mouse goes to a “rest” mode (lower intensity on light) and it seems the “waking up” that`s too slow…tried all adjustments/settings…

Also my mouse pad is a “Speed-Pad” which should be compatible.

Anyone…?

My MX700 does that too , perhaps to save batteries.

perhaps to save batteries

Deffinitely to save batts. some of the pre-MX700 models were prety bad about this, I’ve got one in the drawer that I gave up on. (I think it came with the wireless desktop package). It also has major issues with fine-cursor control.
I love the MX700, no such issues other than it does “stick” a bit after inactivity, but nothing like the earlier model.
Updating the driver may help.

1. it is done to let the batteries have a longer lifetime. with the first generation wireless optical mice the batteries only lasted for 2 or 3 days. lately manufacturers made a issue of it and the lifetime off batteries is expand big time with the seccond generation wireless mice.

2. in most cases software update solves the problem
    but there are know issues with the internal timer unit of the cordless mouse that is supplied with the cordless destktop optical deluxe. it supposed only to happen at packages that are produced somewhere at the end of the year (decmber 2002)
    this problem is completely hardware related and can only be solved by replacing the entire set or the mouse (depends on the shop where you bought it)

I’ve got a Logitech Cordless Mouseman 2002 and I’m not experiencing anything like this.

I worked with the MX700 for some time (quite a good mouse btw) and that one didn’t have those “problems” as well. The mouse I used was bought in 11-2k2.

1. in most cases software update solves the problem
    but there are know issues with the internal timer unit of the cordless mouse that is supplied with the cordless destktop optical deluxe. it supposed only to happen at packages that are produced somewhere at the end of the year (decmber 2002)
    this problem is completely hardware related and can only be solved by replacing the entire set or the mouse (depends on the shop where you bought it) [/B]

I have the Cordless Destktop Optical Deluxe and on the mouse it says 2002 (no date) and s/n: LZC25002297

Guess I`ll have to get a replacement… :frowning:

Please do not take out your anger on the optical mouse by sitting on it, playing catch w/ it, handball, basketball, baseball, soccer, hacky sack, ect. Treat it well and you shall be rewarded w/ good operation in years to come. w/ that said, I’ve never had any problems you folks mentioned w/ the MX700, Cordless Optical that comes w/ the cordless keyboard, or any optical, cordless or wired. BTW, I never install the freaking software that comes w/ the mouse, ever.

The MX700 sucks up battery faster than the Cordless Optical, way faster. Using the same set of Ni-MH AAs, the former only lasted something like 50 hours (I stressed the mofo by not putting it back in the recharge craddle), while the latter lasted around 2 months.

It’s no use for me to update the driver. I’m using a KVM (Keyboard Video Monitor) switch to use only 1 monitor , keyboard and mouse on 4 computers simultaneously. And these things don’t like extra buttons and ignore all non-default ps/2 actions (such as the other 14 buttons on the mouse and keyboard)

Originally posted by Maelstrom
[B]1. it is done to let the batteries have a longer lifetime. with the first generation wireless optical mice the batteries only lasted for 2 or 3 days. lately manufacturers made a issue of it and the lifetime off batteries is expand big time with the seccond generation wireless mice.

1. in most cases software update solves the problem
    this problem is completely hardware related and can only be solved by replacing the entire set or the mouse (depends on the shop where you bought it) [/B]

I don`t suppose you have the range of serial numbers this problem applies to…? :wink: Would be nice to make sure if my muose is one of these before complaining…

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
I’ve got a Logitech Cordless Mouseman 2002 and I’m not experiencing anything like this.

because the problems are with mice supplied with the cordless optical desktop deluxe
any other mice from the same production period should not have this problem.