Optiarc version 1.Z1 AD-7200A Firmware Question

vbimport

I assume that the modded firmware 1.Z1 is actually version 1.06 modded with booktype bit set to DVDROM all except -R as it can’t be done and a few other media changes. As i own almost all the major DVD writer brands out except i never had a Optiarc. I just ordered a AD-7200A. So my question is in the real world there was never a 1.Z1 Original firmware released. Someone or the person that mod the firmware 1.Z1 called it 1.Z1 but actually its 1.06 modified. Am i correct on this?. Now i know very little about Optiarc but i loaded this 1.Z1 bin file into MCSE and i can see i can enable “READ SPEED” on this bin. Is this a no no or just use it the way it is. Actually on Pioneers the MKM-001 DL i burn at 10x at no problem so i gather don’t bother to mod this firmware anymore then it is. Im use to 12 -17x ripping speeds. Thank you for your answer as there is no Optiarc, NEC, Sony drives here only drives with NEC chip sets and others.

I created 1.Z1 and 1.Z2 for this drive. I.Z2 is more stable. Both firmwares are based on Liggy’s 1.06bt.

If you need to modify a firmware for your own use. I would suggest using 1.06bt and doing your own mods, as 1.Z1 and 1.Z2 has re-written writing strategies and may only be stable for the MID’s that these strategies were created for.

[quote=Dee-27;2152940]I created 1.Z1 and 1.Z2 for this drive. I.Z2 is more stable. Both firmwares are based on Liggy’s 1.06bt.

If you need to modify a firmware for your own use. I would suggest using 1.06bt and doing your own mods, as 1.Z1 and 1.Z2 has re-written writing strategies and may only be stable for the MID’s that these strategies were created for.[/quote]

Thank you, So just dump my orig 1.06 FW and write the 1.Z1 or 1.Z2 to the drive as i assume i can flash back as you can dump the eprom from this drive. I will take you advice as i know you mess with these drives alot so i will flash it from 1.06 to 1.Z2 which also is in a RCP1 version and DVDROM bit set all +R. Thanks for the heads up on the 1.Z2 firmware. I don’t need the drive but you get addicted so i will have one Optiarc at least and the PATA drives i think are at the end of there life. I think by Feb all PATA drives will be no longer be made and SATA will be the future and PATA will be like scsi once was a memory. I remember that. a 200.00 to 300.00 adaptec scsi controller to run scsi ODD hardware. Time and changes wait for no one!, Thanks again.

[quote=Dee-27;2152940]I created 1.Z1 and 1.Z2 for this drive. I.Z2 is more stable. Both firmwares are based on Liggy’s 1.06bt.

If you need to modify a firmware for your own use. I would suggest using 1.06bt and doing your own mods, as 1.Z1 and 1.Z2 has re-written writing strategies and may only be stable for the MID’s that these strategies were created for.[/quote]

I forgot to ask you. 1.Z2 FW booktype bit setting on +R all is DVDROM also correct? like on Liggy’s 1.06bt.

[QUOTE=mjmagicjack;2152973]I forgot to ask you. 1.Z2 FW booktype bit setting on +R all is DVDROM also correct? like on Liggy’s 1.06bt.[/QUOTE]Yes. :wink:
Remember using unofficial firmware will void your warranty, so make sure the drive is working properly before flashing it.

[quote=Dee-27;2152979]Yes. :wink:
Remember using unofficial firmware will void your warranty, so make sure the drive is working properly before flashing it.[/quote]

hehe, you got it. BTW all my drives are out of warranty :slight_smile: