Optiarc is the best?

Although I have tried to find reviews for different burners, I’m still not sure which one I should buy. At the moment Optiarc AD-72xxA seems to be the best choice but are there even better choices when the most important criterion is writing quality for DVD+R Double Layers and the second important is writing quality for normal DVDs?

Which of these models would be the best choice: Optiarc AD-7200A, AD-7201A or AD-7203A? Am I right that the only differences are that AD-7201A has LabelFlash and AD-7203A has LightScribe while AD-7200A hasn’t neither? :confused:

[quote=tomppa;2200576]Am I right that the only differences are that AD-7201A has LabelFlash and AD-7203A has LightScribe while AD-7200A hasn’t neither? :confused:[/quote] That is correct.

The Optiarc AD-7200 series is well regarded by a lot of people here on CDFreaks including me.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2200579]That is correct.

The Optiarc AD-7200 series is well regarded by a lot of people here on CDFreaks including me.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :)[/QUOTE]
AD-7203A seems to be more popular (at least here) than AD-7201A although LightScribe supported media is more widely available. Why’s that? So which one is the better choice?

BTW, I did mistake in my previous post: AD-7203A has LabelFlash not LightScribe like I said.

Choose based on your need (or lack of need) for LightScribe and Labelflash support. You may be restricted in what drives are actually available where you live.