Optiarc Firmware

vbimport

Goodday,

I’m new to this forum and want first of all apologyze for my bad english.

I have bought a Laptop months ago from Acer. Only my dvdwriter didn’t recognizee my rewritable dvds. So i thought it would be good if i updated the firmware on my Optiarc AD-7580s. I updated from the FX04 firmware to FD06 ( from Dell). Only all the dvd i burn now are not recognized by other computers and dvd-players, i can only read them on my laptop.

My questions now are:

• Does someone here have the original firmware (FX04)?
  • Is there an other firmware for this drive?
  • Is there another way to solve this problem?

The laptop is an 5536g from acer, i contacted them but they don’t send firmwares.

Can someone help me?

Thank you!

[QUOTE=loedie;2456331]Goodday,

I’m new to this forum and want first of all apologyze for my bad english.

I have bought a Laptop months ago from Acer. Only my dvdwriter didn’t recognizee my rewritable dvds. So i thought it would be good if i updated the firmware on my Optiarc AD-7580s. I updated from the FX04 firmware to FD06 ( from Dell). Only all the dvd i burn now are not recognized by other computers and dvd-players, i can only read them on my laptop.

My questions now are:

• Does someone here have the original firmware (FX04)?
  • Is there an other firmware for this drive?
  • Is there another way to solve this problem?

The laptop is an 5536g from acer, i contacted them but they don’t send firmwares.

Can someone help me?

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Can someone help me out?

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=45982

There is no other firmware for that drive and no one has the original firmware. It isn’t downloadable.

You should never flash a drive unless you’re absolutely sure you know what you are doing. Now you are stuck. Your best bet is to buy a new drive. I suggest you replace your drive with the AD-7590S. That is an actual Optiarc drive, whereas the AD-7490S is a rebadge, which is why it’s mostly unsupported.