Optiarc dvd rw ad7530 problem

vbimport

how do i remove the sony optiarc rw ad7503d ata dvd drive frpm my advent 9117 notebook - it stopped working and i have tried evetything, am now told to remove it, reboot, reiinstall it then reboot again - please assist
thanks
MIKE mACKENZIE

how do i get a reply?

Do you mean remove it in software or remove it physically?

Which operating system are you using? If it is Windows, you can remove a drive in Device Manager. Find it under CD/DVD Drives, right click on the listing for the drive and you get the option to uninstall it. Reboot and the operating system will find the “new” hardware when it starts again. This may not solve your problem however.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2470304]Do you mean remove it in software or remove it physically?

Which operating system are you using? If it is Windows, you can remove a drive in Device Manager. Find it under CD/DVD Drives, right click on the listing for the drive and you get the option to uninstall it. Reboot and the operating system will find the “new” hardware when it starts again. This may not solve your problem however.[/QUOTE]
I am using Vista home Premium and have tried the above to no avail. I want to remove ir physically from the pc