Optiarc dvd RW AD-7530A ATA DEVICE

vbimport

HI GUYS,
MY optiarc dvd RW AD-7530A HAS STOPPED WORKING,I CAN HEAR IT WORKING INSIDE MY ACER ASPIRE 9301.IT MAKES QUITE A NOISE BUT LATER SAYS INSERT DISC WHEN MY GAME DISC IS ALREADY IN.I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL DIFFERENT DVD GAMES BUT THE SAME HAPPENS.ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED.

On your game disc is what game and can the drive read other CD or DVD media??

no it cannot read any cd or dvd :frowning: thanks for the reply

The only thing left to try is a bootable disk, like an operating system disk, or something like the Ultimate boot disk. You can download the image of the Ultimate boot disk and burn to a blank cd on another computer.

Insert it into the drive, then start the computer. You might have to look in the bios of the computer and make sure that the boot order is set to look for the optical drive before looking for an operating system on the hard drive. The computer should then try to boot from the disk in the optical drive. If it cannot, then your optical drive may be dead.

The reason to check it this way is that this method will bypass any problems that might exist in the operating system. This will test the optical drive directly.

i have just tried my acer recovery disc and it would not work or would that not be a fair test?

I believe the recovery disk should be a bootable disk. If the boot order is set to look for the optical drive first, then your drive may be dead.

You might want to look for an external drive, or send the laptop in for repairs.

thank you for your trouble i will start looking for a replacement.:wink:

Either that or the drive just got dusty.
Maybe a lens cleaner (dry!) could help.