Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200A

vbimport

I have this drive and it will try to play and/or read the dvd/cd and never soins up and shows by any other process not to a any media in the drive, I am at my wits end, cause I need to uploaad sofrware! Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200A:rolleyes:

Test the drive outside of the operating system. You can do this using a Windows operating install disk, or a Linux live cd, or something like the Ultimate Boot Disk.

Your boot order in the bios must be set to look for the optical drive first, not the hard drive. If you have an OEM machine, look in the manual for instructions on how to get into the bios. Most home built machines use the Del key to enter the bios (hit the power button, then click on Del before the operating system starts up).

Put the bootable disk in the drive, then restart the computer. If the drive spins up and sees the bootable disk outside of Windows, then you know it is physically ok, but there is some software problem. If it still cannot read the disk, you know the hardware is at fault.

[QUOTE=dlgsr1;2601608]I have this drive and it will try to play and/or read the dvd/cd and never soins up and shows by any other process not to a any media in the drive, I am at my wits end, cause I need to uploaad sofrware! Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200A:rolleyes:[/QUOTE] Well I did just that and checked all connections and to my dismay atlast be it the drive is bad so now I’m in the market for a new one Thank you again for your advice. it is however hard to run this computer at times when it’s C drive is not present when my C drive crashed I had to change over to a Sata and it became the primary as E drive talk about a headache especially whe you have an installation built to accept only a C drive as the primary. Thanks aggain!:cool: