Optiarc AD7170a Audio CD Burn Problem

Installed the unit in a Dell PC running WinXP Home. Can play and rip an audio CD via Windows Media Player 11, but can’t burn an audio CD via WMP 11. When I try to burn, WMP 11 gives me the message “connect the cables to the unit or power up the unit”. Any ideas out there?

Do you own any other burning software like nero or roxio? If not download a free version or trial and try to burn again Windows can be very pesky sometimes! Good Luck

There is no such thing as a free version of Nero or Roxio*. :cop:

Burrrnis free and should do the trick.

Michael
*) A couple of years ago, a german computer magazine offered a free version of Roxio’s WinOnCD 6.

I’ve got Roxio Easy CD software installed and it won’t burn either.

I should add that this was an OEM unit that came with no cable and no software. The driver is dtd 2001.

Hi,[QUOTE=RABaum;1930091]I should add that this was an OEM unit that came with no cable and no software. The driver is dtd 2001.[/QUOTE]Both shouldn’t matter at all.

Are you able to burn data CDs? Try with Roxio and, and if that fails also with the free ImgBurn please.

Michael

Couldn’t burn data CD with Roxio or ImgBurn. ImgBurn directed me to a website for firmware updates that showed a more recent version 1.04 was available for the Optiarc, so I installed it. Still couldn’t burn with WMP 11, Roxio or ImgBurn. Noticed that CDBurner XP was installed on the computer, so tried burning an audio CD with that - and it worked! So why won’t WMP 11?

SORRY GUYS, I meant free for a limited time like 30 days. I recommended so he could try before he buys to make sure which one would work!

go to filehippo.com and they have FREE burning software and check and see if one of theirs will work! Good luck and good burning.