Optiarc AD-7590A Results

Haven’t seen any scans for this Notebook drive, so, HERE we go.

I’ll post them as I burn’em.

Drive: NEC Optiarc AD-7590A - FW 1.01 (Liggy’s RPC1)
Media: Verbatim DVD+R 16x @ 8x (MCC004) (MIT, PAPA)

Nice and kewls :cool: notebook (slim drive) scans.

Drive: NEC Optiarc AD-7590A - FW 1.01 (Liggy’s RPC1)
Media: Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x @ 4x (MKM001) (MIS)

A HUGE improvement over my last notebook drive, should’ve bought this drive MUCH sooner. :stuck_out_tongue:

These are indeed excellent results for a notebook drive. Much better than my old NEC ND-7551A.

Thank you Liggy for RPC1 patch, but I was curious, does it include the speed/fast patch as well?

And I was quite happy the DL burn only took 30 mins 21 sec @ 4x. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2118875]Thank you Liggy for RPC1 patch, but I was curious, does it include the speed/fast patch as well?[/QUOTE]
We usually call it riplock patch and yes, it is included in the RPC1 firmwares too.

r_saotome where did you find/bought this drive. I’m hoping in the USA?

This drive is on Meritline and Newegg [and a few other places], Bob. :slight_smile:

Newegg [out of stock at the time of this post]: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118006

Meritline: http://www.meritline.com/sony-ad-4590a-01-e-ide-slim-8x-dvd-burner.html

The Google search: http://www.google.com/search?q=Optiarc+AD-7590A

Thank you Albert. Seems slim drives are coming down in price also. Nice!

[QUOTE=Bob;2119278]r_saotome where did you find/bought this drive. I’m hoping in the USA?[/QUOTE]

@ NewEgg.

Funny, day after I post the first results, the drive suspiciously sells out…hhmmm… :wink:

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2118519]Drive: NEC Optiarc AD-7590A - FW 1.01 (Liggy’s RPC1)
Media: Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x @ 4x (MKM001) (MIS)

A HUGE improvement over my last notebook drive, should’ve bought this drive MUCH sooner. :P[/QUOTE]

it is 50pack or 20pack ?
Thanks

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2119403]it is 50pack or 20pack ?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

50pack from SAM’s.

The MII’s are completely gone…guess ppl just weren’t buying them…hmmm…wonder why. :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2119393]@ NewEgg.

Funny, day after I post the first results, the drive suspiciously sells out…hhmmm… ;)[/QUOTE]I noticed in a review at Newegg that this drive ships set to master. Did yours and did you use Liggy’s tool? I am assuming all hard drives in lappy’s are set to master?

[QUOTE=Bob;2119591]I noticed in a review at Newegg that this drive ships set to master. Did yours and did you use Liggy’s tool? I am assuming all hard drives in lappy’s are set to master?[/QUOTE]

I just DL’d the RPC1 FW, used necflash_wingui to flash & set the Book Type to DVD-ROM.

I’m using a Clevo D901C, all 3 HD’s are SATA, & the Optical drive it originally came with was an NEC Optiarc AD-7530B, but as both I & Liggy found out, it really wasn’t a TRUE Optiarc drive, and the burns were less than stellar. But the drive itself was set to MASTER, so I didn’t have much to worry about.

In my older Dell XPS (Gen1) notebook, the HD is IDE, & the Optical drive was set to SLAVE.

I hope that was of some help.