Optiarc AD-7561A DVD-R burn problem

Hello all. I just received an Optiarc DVD RW AD-7561A. I am currently making some DVD copies but for some reason, when burning DVD-R, it fails in the Lead-In, however, the drive keeps burning. I can burn DVD-RW and DVD+R/RW without problems. It is just DVD-R. I have tried TDK and Maxell and both fails. I can burn them successful on Lite-On drives (DH-20A4H and iHAP422). I am currently using Sony DVD+R to make the copies. Please help me!!!

Oh, and by the way, the drive reads DVD-R disc perfectly, it is just that it cannot burn DVD-R.

Another thing:
Nero never sais that the burn fails, it says “Failed” on the part where the DVD Drives are shown. Because Nero (on the log) does not sais the Burning failed, it continues burning.

Try to burn at 8x, maybe it works then.

[QUOTE=chef;2309239]Try to burn at 8x, maybe it works then.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the drive is a Slim Drive (which means the fastest speed is 8x) and I have burned at every speed the writer have.

Could you explain this part, or show us a screenshot of what you’re talking about here:

Another thing:
Nero never sais that the burn fails, it says “Failed” on the part where the DVD Drives are shown. Because Nero (on the log) does not sais the Burning failed, it continues burning.
?

Or, better yet, post a copy of the contents of a Nero log for the burn showing what you’re talking about, if possible. :slight_smile:

Also, following the instructions in this post [click here], can you tell us the disc MID for both the TDK and Maxell DVD-R discs that do not work?

A late welcom [I]moisesmcardona[/I] :smiley:
As Albert said…
[I]Off topic[/I].[QUOTE=chef;2309239]Try to burn at 8x, maybe it works then.[/QUOTE]Max 8x it is (It’s a slim DVDRW burner after all, hopefylly., heh)/[I] off topic[/I]

BTW [I]moisesmcardona[/I], have you tried Verbatim branded media.

[QUOTE=pinto2;2309705]A late welcom [I]moisesmcardona[/I] :smiley:
As Albert said…
[I]Off topic[/I].Max 8x it is (It’s a slim DVDRW burner after all, hopefylly., heh)/[I] off topic[/I]

BTW [I]moisesmcardona[/I], have you tried Verbatim branded media.[/QUOTE]

That is not the point - read post #3 again.

I can post a log or something but sadly, I wasted all of the DVD-R (I only had like 3 to 5 discs) and I did not saved the log after all… I have DVD+R media which burns great, and I always use DVD+R, It was just that my friend gave me DVD-R media to make some DVD Copies and I ended burning it on DVD+R.

Did you also trash the DVD-R media after you tried to write to them, or did you keep them around?

Without being able to see exactly what is going on, we might only be able to provide a few wild guesses as to what’s going on to potentially cause the error.

[QUOTE=Albert;2310047]Did you also trash the DVD-R media after you tried to write to them, or did you keep them around?

Without being able to see exactly what is going on, we might only be able to provide a few wild guesses as to what’s going on to potentially cause the error.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but before doing it I tested the discs to see if the burner readed it or not and the results were that the burner readed the disc but the written data was all corrupted. I copied the data from the DVD-R to the pc, then executed the file and the results were a totally corrupted file. I burned a program setup file, an MP3 and a video file to test the DVD and everything was corrupted.

NOTE: Before trashing the discs I SmartErased them on my LiteOn Drive.

[QUOTE=moisesmcardona;2310268]Yes, but before doing it I tested the discs to see if the burner readed it or not and the results were that the burner readed the disc but the written data was all corrupted. I copied the data from the DVD-R to the pc, then executed the file and the results were a totally corrupted file. I burned a program setup file, an MP3 and a video file to test the DVD and everything was corrupted.

NOTE: Before trashing the discs I SmartErased them [B]on my LiteOn Drive[/B].[/QUOTE]

It would maybe be a good idea to qualityscan these DVD-R with your Liteon drive.