Optiarc AD-7560A

Background: I have this drive in a Sony VAIO VGN-FW-139E notebook. I’m assuming that the drive isn’t an OEM version because Sony just released a firmware update to version DS05 from DS04. The latest OEM firmware recently released is DH12 from DX14.

Here’s my problem: My son updated the firmware from Sony DS04 to OEM DX14 awhile back. I just tried to update to the Sony released DS05, but it won’t install. Stays at DX14. I then tried the new OEM firmware update to DH12, which will install. However, it still seems to function properly.

Here are my questions: Is there a difference hardware wise that makes the Sony version different from the OEM version? Who writes the OEM firmware version and who writes the Sony version? Are the Sony version and the OEM version the same, or similar? Is there a way to forced feed the Sony version to the drive when it’s at the OEM level?

Sony support said that I’d have to send it in for repair to go back to the Sony firmware. Any help would be appreciated.

I just have the same problem now in my laptop.

[B]Background:[/B] I have this DVD in a Sony Vaio VGN-NR21Z notebook. The lates OEM firmware that it have now is DH12.

[B]Problem: [/B]I updated the firmware from Sony DS04 to OEM DH12. I tried to update to any released Sony DSxx version (DS03, DS04, DS05, DS06) but won’t install. Stays at DH12 and I can to update to other OEM versions DX14 and back to DH12 too. But it doesn’t work well in my laptop.

[B]My questions: [/B]How can I solve this problem and update the firmware to the Sony DS version?

Sony support said that I’d have to send it for repair, but I’m looking for another way because I’m IT technician and only I need the file.bin to update it.

If someone have any solution I will be so grateful.

Thanks so much

[QUOTE=Maximum Overdrive;2435130][B]Background:[/B] I have this drive in a Sony VAIO VGN-FW-139E notebook. I’m assuming that the drive isn’t an OEM version because Sony just released a firmware update to version DS05 from DS04. The latest OEM firmware recently released is DH12 from DX14.

[B]Here’s my problem: [/B]My son updated the firmware from Sony DS04 to OEM DX14 awhile back. I just tried to update to the Sony released DS05, but it won’t install. Stays at DX14. I then tried the new OEM firmware update to DH12, which will install. However, it still seems to function properly.

[B]Here are my questions:[/B] Is there a difference hardware wise that makes the Sony version different from the OEM version? Who writes the OEM firmware version and who writes the Sony version? Are the Sony version and the OEM version the same, or similar? Is there a way to forced feed the Sony version to the drive when it’s at the OEM level?

Sony support said that I’d have to send it in for repair to go back to the Sony firmware. Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]