Optiarc AD-7543B, any RPC1 experience?

Hi!

I’m new to these forums. I have an I-O Data DVRP-UN8PL2 slimline external DVD drive which reportedly (DiscInfo, Binflash) has an Optiarc DVD RW AD-7543B inside. The version number is “1-I0” (Nov 10, 2006) . Also I bought this in Japan, and based on a simple Google search it seems unavailable elsewhere…

I’m looking for a way to convert the drive to RPC1. However, I could only find firmware and information for 7543A and not for 7543B. Anyone has any experience with making this drive region-free? Or should I just go ahead and try flashing the 7543A firmware?

Any tips are appreciated, I also dumped its firmware with Binflash if it could help for figuring out the thing.

So far I would use AnyDVD or similar as a software solution.

Mm, thanks for the tip. I can now watch the movies (without ripping) I’ve borrowed from friends… :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=threepwoody;1976665]Hi!
I’m new to these forums. I have an I-O Data DVRP-UN8PL2 slimline external DVD drive which reportedly (DiscInfo, Binflash) has an Optiarc DVD RW AD-7543B inside. The version number is “1-I0” (Nov 10, 2006) . Also I bought this in Japan, and based on a simple Google search it seems unavailable elsewhere…
[/QUOTE]

I’ve made up my AD-7543B by crossflashing AD-7540A to AD-7543A. After the crossflash procedure and loading an AD-7543A “1-I0” firmware to the drive i was surprised: my drive introduced itself like an AD-7543B…

May be that’s your case too -)