Optiarc AD-7530A - missing/corrupt driver

Can anyone help me with this please? I have this dvd/rw on my laptop on which I am using Vista.

I corrected this once before by doing a system restore but it won’t work this time!

I have done a windows update but it tells me I have the most up-to-date driver for this device.

I’m not a computer expert so any advice would be much appreciated!

Fairey
x

Hi and Welcome!

please try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
(should also apply to Vista)

Michael

Thanks, mciahel, for the link to the MS support article. It fixed my similar problem. Some details which might be of use - I was using an Acer Aspire 9410-2028 with the Optiarc 7530A drive under Vista Home Premium. I had downloaded, installed and used InfraRecorder from the Ubuntu site and burned a CD of the Ubuntu install. Following the next time I rebooted, I could not access the DVD drive with anything, neither InfraRecorder, nor with the preinstalled NTI burner software. Device manager showed an error 39 unable to load driver, etc. I tried the usual things like unistalling and reinstaling the driver, trying to find a newer driver on the Acer support site (very disappointed with the Acer support site). Note, I did not, as the MS article suggests, uninstall any CD or DVD software before this problem showed up. In any case, the manual registry edit did bring back my DVD drive. Thanks again for the link.