Optiarc AD-7302S DVD reading issue

[qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-7203S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]First off…this is my first time posting here. I’ve read a number of threads trying to find something that might help, but I haven’t found anything that quite fits the issue I’m having:confused:. If I’ve missed something, please point me in the right direction.

OK, so here is the problem:

When I put certain DVD-ROM games into my dvd player, it will not read them. I can hear the drive make some adjusting sounds, and it will start to spin very temporarily (half second) and then stop. This repeats for some time, making noises all through it. Toward the end, it will start to spin like it’s going to read, but never gets up to full speed, and does not recognize that there is a disc in there at all. When I try to open it manually through My Computer, it opens the drive, and tells me to put in a disc.

This issue only happens with certain DVDs. World in Conflict does not work, this is a brand-new disc, that I bought yesterday. Warhammer Online will also not read, and I had previously installed this game with no issues at all, 8-9 months ago. Titanquest, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and Medieval Total War, (other DVD games) on the other hand, will read just fine, no issues at all.

All cd-roms work with no issues at all.

DVD movies seem to have similar issues as the DVD games. It will play The Untouchables, but not Snatch, Braveheart, 300, or No Country For Old Men.

My computer is a Dell FX7026. I’m running Windows Vista 64-bit. The drive is an Optiarc DVD RW AD-7302S.

I’m not sure what other information I can provide, this is all that I can think of, and hopefulyl it’s fairly thorough. Thank you in advance for any help you are able to provide!

-Josiah

Sorry, I can’t help, but just wanted to say I have this exact same problem, I’ve been searching for days to try and find a solution and tried a number of things but without success. Hopefully someone can help?! I’ve also noticed that the same DVD can be ok one day and then not work again. I watched half a film last week and had to stop and then have tried to watch it several times over the weekend and again tonight and it will not read the disc.