Optiarc AD-7240S - My hifi cd player can't read after Firmware update!

vbimport

Hi,

Some time ago, I downloaded the latest Firmware from Sony’s website (1.03) flashed my drive, everything went O.K, exept the fact that now I can’t play burned Audio cd’s(.wav files) in my Rotel cd!! I’ve tried to flash the drive again to ver-1.02, but still the same problem…:frowning:

Did I do something wrong??

Your help would be much appreciated!!

Regards,
Nir.

Hi and Welcome!

are you sure, you are using exactly the same blank media and writing parameters as before?
Be aware that even under the same brand, the discs may be sourced from different manufacturers. Best bet are blank discs made by Taiyo Yuden. With your drive, 16x write speed should give very good results.

Michael

Michael, thx for your reply.

I’m using VERBATIM for burning, and never had any problem… the burned audio cds work in any other player I have except my Rotel cd…but early cds (burned with ver:1.02) do work with the Rotel!!
I guess some update in firmware ver: 1.03 causing the rotel not to recognise the cds.
I got 2 AD-7240S burners, but haven’t tried burning with the second one yet…

Is there any way to reset the burner to its factory defaults? or any other solution?

Thank you all!!
Nir.

Hi,[QUOTE=nirperry;2505448]Michael, thx for your reply.[/quote]You’re Welcome!

I’m using VERBATIM for burning, and never had any problem…
Verbatim has several product lines. These are also sourced from different manufacturers.

the burned audio cds work in any other player I have except my Rotel cd…but early cds (burned with ver:1.02) do work with the Rotel!!
I guess some update in firmware ver: 1.03 causing the rotel not to recognise the cds.
Do you have Nero CD/DVD Speed or Disc speed installed? If so, please run it, insert a disc that worked and then check the “Disc Info” tab. The value of interest is the MID (Media ID). Do the same with one of the discs that do not work.

I got 2 AD-7240S burners, but haven’t tried burning with the second one yet…

Please try. And please also report back what burn speed you have used.

Is there any way to reset the burner to its factory defaults? or any other solution?

Since you flashed back to the previous firmware, I doubt your issue is related to the firmware update. Perhaps simply coincidence.

I own an ancient lo-end player (JVC UX-T1). This is extremely picky with CD-R. Verbatim “Made in India” don’t work at all, I get better results with CMC or Ritek (both not really top quality) and Taiyo Yuden. And it depends on the drive that is used. Your Optiarc is one of the better ones for that purpose, but for picky players, I’d stick with 16x speed.

Michael