Optiarc AD-7240S-0B $22.99 Free Shipping @ Newegg

vbimport

Thanks, that’s a great price on a excellent burner, wonder if I should stock up in case mine overheats again…hmmm!

[QUOTE=Dartman;2502035]Thanks, that’s a great price on a excellent burner, wonder if I should stock up in case mine overheats again…hmmm![/QUOTE]
:bigsmile: You can never have too many!

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2502038]:bigsmile: You can never have too many![/QUOTE]

hehehehe spoken like a true cdfreak :bigsmile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly, my AD-7200A PATA drives seem like better overall burners than my AD-7240S, and my SH-S243N seems like a better SATA burner. But, I’m still testing, so the jury hasn’t reached a final verdict.

With that said, this is a fantastic price, so if you love this drive, get another, and if you don’t have one, now is the time to buy and test it out. But do yourself a favor and get a Samsung SH-S243N when it goes on sale, then compare them.

I’m very, very tempted to buy another 1 or 2 or more of them at that price just to have some
extra ones on hand for new builds or if someone comes and wants an upgraded burner or needs
a replacment for a dead drive or if and when I kill the 7240S I have in there now like jamescooley1
said "You can never have too many! ". :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Dartman;2502035]Thanks, that’s a great price on a excellent burner, wonder if I should stock up in case mine overheats again…hmmm![/QUOTE]
:eek: overheats! what have U been doing,crushing 50 pks:bigsmile::clap:

[QUOTE=negritude;2502064]Honestly, my AD-7200A PATA drives seem like better overall burners than my AD-7240S, and my SH-S243N seems like a better SATA burner…[/QUOTE] :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Yo negritude-

Totally agree - the AD-7200A’s - though a bit on the noisy side - are by far the best burners I have ever used - giving constantly great results on my Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden discs.

They seem to get better and better with age-eh!!

[QUOTE=dave.evill;2502109]:eek: overheats! what have U been doing,crushing 50 pks:bigsmile::clap:[/QUOTE]
Nope, I was doing a few test burns when it was extremely hot in here when 1.03 first came out and I guess between the 90f heat in my room and doing a few back to back test burns of different media at 20x speed it was too much and the drive started throwing huge PIF and POF errors that didn’t get a lot better after I let it cool down.
I waited till I found a good deal on another one and replaced it as up to that point it had been doing almost as good as my 1620 back in the days when they were new and updated constantly for features and improvements.
It ran fine for about 5 months but the heat and burning a few disks one after the other was too much.
A few other users have had similar issues but most folks have been fine and so far the new one works great and I’ll try to watch over working it when the heat comes back.
The new one is quite a bit newer build so it’s also possible that they may have had issues with the early ones too.

Zipzoomfly has it for $26.99 -$10 rebate = $16.99 til 4/15/10 w/ free shipping LINK

[QUOTE=dave.evill;2504097]Zipzoomfly has it for $26.99 -$10 rebate = $16.99 til 4/15/10 w/ free shipping LINK[/QUOTE]

:o $26.99 price is only good till 9p.m. E.S.T. 3/25/10 LINK

$21.99 w/ free shipping - good til 4/19/10 LINK

I would hope by now that everyone has 2 of these :smiley:

[QUOTE=dave.evill;2510022]$21.99 w/ free shipping - good til 4/19/10 LINK

I would hope by now that everyone has 2 of these :D[/QUOTE]

yep got my 2 of them lol :bigsmile: