Optiarc AD-7200A

I bought the Sonic Optiarc AD-7200A and I have the same problem as I had with the old drive. I can read or play anything that is on a disc whether CD or DVD but I cannot write/record to the DVD.

When I go to the device manager it shows no errors and states it is working properly.

I have uninstalled and rebooted with no change.

When I go to the drives and check to see if it is marked for recording the box is checked for recording.

When I looked for other issues I went to the registry to delete upper & lower filters but they did not exist to begin with.

Not sure what else to try.

Hi and Welcome!

you need DVD burning software. ImgBurnis a free one. :slight_smile:

Michael

I guess I am not the smartest person in the world but I downloaded IMGBURN and I have no idea how that is supposed to be such a great software. It does not recognize any normal file that normal people use (Microsoft Office files, Picture files, jpeg, mpeg, etc). I don’t know if the burner is working because it won’t recognize any type of file I have so I can see if it will write to the DVD?

I am just a simple joe with simple needs. :smiley:

[QUOTE=robinlbird;2310440]I guess I am not the smartest person in the world but I downloaded IMGBURN and I have no idea how that is supposed to be such a great software. It does not recognize any normal file that normal people use (Microsoft Office files, Picture files, jpeg, mpeg, etc). I don’t know if the burner is working because it won’t recognize any type of file I have so I can see if it will write to the DVD?

I am just a simple joe with simple needs. :D[/QUOTE]
ImgBurn is a very good choice for burning, and well worth the time to get familiar with. Pop in a blank disc. Fire up ImgBurn. If just backing up some files, choose write files/folders to disc. Make sure the “Auto” box has a check mark in it and your AD-7200 is selected in the drop-down box. Use “browse for file” or “browse for folder” buttons to populate the list box with content, click on the device tab and choose your burn speed(try a little slower than its rated speed if you’re not sure of your media’s quality). Click the large folder-to-disc icon to start writing. Spend a little time at the ImgBurn site to get more aquainted with it :iagree:.

I must admit, it helps to know the difference between an image file (where you’d burn it in ‘Write’ mode) and a document/spreadsheet/picture etc (where you’d burn them in ‘Build’ mode).