Optiarc AD-7191S keeps asking for a blank CD

vbimport

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Optiarc AD-7191S. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]The unit will write to a DVD but it fails to recognize a blank CD. Message keeps asking you to insert a blank disk when there is a blank disk in the tray. I took the same disk placed it in another writer and the disk burned OK. What’s the fix?

[qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-7191S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]The unit will write to a DVD but it fails to recognize a blank CD. Message keeps asking you to insert a blank disk when there is a blank disk in the tray. I took the same disk placed it in another writer and the disk burned OK. What’s the fix? OS XP Pro NEC / Optiarc AD-7191S Media CD-R 52X 700 MB HP

** Threads merged **

Do you have Alcohol or Daemon Tools installed on your PC?

No I don’t have either one.

Does it recognise and read pressed (commercial) or burned CDs?

It will play audio CDs

When I first installed this burner it would record a CD. After I recorded the first DVD then it wouldn’t record CDs. I installed this same unit in a couple of other PCs in our facility and they have had the same results. I can’t believe that I’m the only person that has had this problem. Help!