Optiarc AD-7191s - can't burn DVD+/-RW. Also, old firmware (1.00) - where to get?

Hi all,

I installed recently bought Optiarc AD-7191s DVD burner and tried to burn DVD+/-RW disks. It refused to burn DVD+RW (Verbatim) saying that it’s incompatible, and seemed to burn DVD-RW (also Verbatim) fine but the disk couldn’t be read in XP. Funny thing here is that what I burned on that disk was a Linux distro, and the system appeared to boot from it. (But from an installed Linux distro the disk was unreadable. Weird.) Does anybody have the same problem? Any fixes?

Also, I updated firmware to v.1.01 but unfortunately didn’t backup the original v.1.00 firmware. If I’m not able to fix the drive, I want to return it for warranty repair, but first I have to restore the old firmware. Where can I get it?

Thanks in advance!

No need to as long as the 1.01 firmware on the drive is RPC-2, means original.

Thank you! I’m not sure though that the warranty repair people will have the same opinion…

[quote=cheshirerat;1972659]Thank you! I’m not sure though that the warranty repair people will have the same opinion…[/quote]I’m siding with [B]chef’s[/B] opinion. Many manufacturers suggest updating the firmware if you have a problem, anyway. :iagree: It shouldn’t make any difference. :flower: