Optiarc AD-7170S not found correctly

vbimport

Hi all,
I’m trying to upgrade the firmware of AD-7170S to 1.03 but I keep getting the following error “Optiarc AD-7170S not found correctly”. I’ve tried to use binflash as well but it does find any drive on my PC.

Any ideas? My OS is Vista Home Premium x64.

Cheers
Shane

Which motherboard do you have and which SATA controller is the drive connected to?

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4. I’ll need to check tonight when I’m back home what SATA controller it is connected to. Can I do this through the OS or this physically require opening the chassis to check?

Cheers
Shane

Anyone??? I’ve seen that lots of people have this problem with firmware updating but I can’t find a resolution. Any ideas?

Hi,

maybe it helps, if you switch the Sata settings in BIOS setup to “IDE”. You can revert back after successful firmware update.

Note: try that only if you don’t have a Raid setup.

Michael

Hi Michael,
there doesn’t seem to be anything in my BIOS to allow this. In saying that, I’m not sure how this would help. The drive is connected over SATA cable, not IDE.

Cheers
Shav

Hi,[quote=shav;2066557]there doesn’t seem to be anything in my BIOS to allow this. In saying that, I’m not sure how this would help.[/quote]the IDE compatible operation mode makes the Sata controller behave like a classic IDE (Pata) controller and allows to be operated with Windows standard drivers. That means, less problems with optical drives, especially with firmware updates.

The drive is connected over SATA cable, not IDE.
I know :iagree:

Michael