Optiarc AD-5280S

vbimport

I just buy a new DVD writer, Sony Optiarc AD-5280S.

I used Binflash GUI 1.62 for Win64, which recognised my drive as [Optiarc DVD RW AD-5280S 1.01]
I first dump my original firmware, after that flash and chose the file 1z7_orig.bin (part of the 101.7z download) which i download from http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/Optiarc-AD-5280S/

Everything done successfully, but after restart the green light blinks constantly and nothing works. I also try shutdown PC and start again, but green light blinks again. Binflash recognised my drive now as Optiarc DVD RW AD-5280S 0.11

I flash again my writer with flash I dump, and now DVDRW work again.

What’s benefits of Optiarc AD5280S firmware 1.Z7 (1z7_orig.bin) firmware? I don’t need booktype, auto-reset or RPC1. Is this newer official firmware, I have 1.01 right now?

Thanks!

The 101.7z download should not contain a 1z7 bin file, so I assume you downloaded the 1z7.7z archive.

The 1.Z7 firmware belongs to certain AD-5280S drives. We have a [thread=327512]thread[/thread] for these drives here. As you have already noticed, this firmware does not work on your drive. Due to the way, the flashing procedure works on this drive series, I cannot properly check the compatibility here before flashing.

Your 1.01 firmware is probably identical to one of the 1.01 firmwares on my site, so if you don’t experience any issues and don’t need booktype, auto-reset or RPC1 there’s probably no need for updating your firmware.